PDA

View Full Version : need a photo please

BrandonV
03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
I thought I saw a pic on here once that had a light similar to this coppermoon fixture on a dock. I'm wanting to try this on a pier but am having a hard time selling the bosslady, anyone have something of it in the wild?

Classic Lighting
03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is Solecki's Intregaliter. Is this what you were thinking?

BrandonV
03-15-2011, 06:58 PM
that would do i'm looking for more of the effect that type of light gives, not the actual fixture

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-15-2011, 08:05 PM
It is actually a Nightscaping INTEGRAliter. GD-0402-BR (Brass) is the version I use most.

To my knowledge, it is still the only dark sky friendly, surface mount dock light on the market.

http://www.nightscaping.com/integraliter.php

BrandonV
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
i like the looks of that too james. How far would it throw the light? I've never seen such a light used and though I love the idea I don't have a clue on how far to space them or the effect.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
i like the looks of that too james. How far would it throw the light? I've never seen such a light used and though I love the idea I don't have a clue on how far to space them or the effect.

Hi Brandon. The INTEGRAliter is not an area light by any means. It is more designed to delineate an edge. Used this way it is an excellent dock light fixture where you want to highlight the perimeter of the dock for use at night and offer a glare free point of reference to the lake for boaters etc. The whole point of the design is "see the effect, not the source" All of the other styles of fixtures be they beacons, drive-overs, core drill, etc tend to shine light directly into your eyes. This is very dangerous in really dark environments and especially on docks.

When you use an Illumicare G4 LED Rear Pin lamp ( http://store.illumicaregroup.com/LED-G4-BiPin-3000K-Vertical-rear-pin_p_50.html ) you get a nice soft circle of light that is effective to 6 to 8 feet between fixtures (depending on your ambient light conditions) Since I use it to delineate edges, I will generally space them every 10 to 12 feet apart and allow for some darker areas in between fixtures. If the dock is used for tying up boats, be sure to space the fixtures in between dock cleats and not beside them. I have actually seen people tie off their boats to the fixtures! (not that it seems to harm them in any way)

Regards

BrandonV
05-25-2011, 06:14 PM
James to let you know I just got the go ahead with this project and will be using the nightscaping fixture on the dock w/ your bulbs. Other stuff will be coppermoon with your leds hopefully... i've emailed illumicare maybe i'm looking at the wrong thing but the price on the mr16s seem to have almost doubled on me since when i ordered them in october. Those by the way are working out just great, love them to death and the client is gitty.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Hi Brandon. Not sure if you have an account set up with the Illumicare Group's online store or not. Once you have established an account and have been verified as a contractor, the prices you will see when logged in will include your trade discount. If you do not log in, the prices displayed are the List prices (MSRP).

If you have any difficulty at all, just give the customer care dept. a call at 1-866-277-2934.

Regards

BrandonV
05-26-2011, 08:23 PM
i see, hadn't done that. yall have changed the storefront since I first ordered some.

BrandonV
05-26-2011, 08:29 PM
i did have account, just didn't realize it. thanks! I'm excited this will be my first total led job.