PDA

View Full Version : What is your rate per acre for aeration, power raking and cleanup

zach5187
03-14-2011, 11:13 PM
What is a recommended price for all this. I am in omaha nebraska. Im not sure what to charge. This is a family friend so i dont wanna over charge. Yet want to make money as well. So be fair so to speak. She wants the entire lot aerated, and then power raked. What is the cost per acre for each service Thanks in advance Zach

BenThere Lawncare
03-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I know im on the cheap side for around here but id say 45 to 50 for the aeration and then 70-75 for the power rake. Most other companies would prbably be higher as most people I do tell me im one of the cheaper people that have done it for them.

stang2244
03-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Wow, those prices seem super low. My guess depending on the terrain would be 90-120 for aeration and at least 200-250 for power rakIng.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smallaxe
03-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Save her money and add compost to the acre and hold off on the N until after 4 mowings that mulch the clippings...

Otherwise, charge enough to make a good compost coverage the cheaper option. :)

GreenI.A.
03-19-2011, 11:12 AM
my price to aerate an acre is about 389. That is for someone who is on a full fert program with me. If it is a one time job it will be 448

JFGauvreau
03-19-2011, 11:24 AM
my price to aerate an acre is about 389. That is for someone who is on a full fert program with me. If it is a one time job it will be 448

I would be a millionaire if I would come in you area and be able to sell and do 15-20 aeration in a single day LOL

Around here is way different. 1/3 of acre (average homes) around 2.5k sq/f goes from 40-60$, depending on sloop, trees etc. That's takes me 20-30mins to do.

A power rake for that same lot would be around 125-175$, it takes literally 15mins to power rake but takes way longer to pick up the thatch after.

GreenI.A.
03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
I would be a millionaire if I would come in you area and be able to sell and do 15-20 aeration in a single day LOL

Around here is way different. 1/3 of acre (average homes) around 2.5k sq/f goes from 40-60$, depending on sloop, trees etc. That's takes me 20-30mins to do.

A power rake for that same lot would be around 125-175$, it takes literally 15mins to power rake but takes way longer to pick up the thatch after.

the big money maker is a fall aeration with overseed. I charge an additional 12.5 per thousand for overseedin (on average, depending on the type of seed) But obviously every market is different

stang2244
03-19-2011, 11:57 AM

Holy He!l ! I know you're in Boston and costs in general are higher, but what percentage of your customers go for this? That seems really steep...especially considering an acre would only take about 30-40 minutes with a tow behind or ride on. I mean, I know we have to make our money and pay for overhead, but $389 for a little over a half hour? That seems a bit absurd. Even if I'm dealing with one of my more well off customers, I'm not going to jack the price just because "they'll pay it".

JFGauvreau
03-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Holy He!l ! I know you're in Boston and costs in general are higher, but what percentage of your customers go for this? That seems really steep...especially considering an acre would only take about 30-40 minutes with a tow behind or ride on. I mean, I know we have to make our money and pay for overhead, but $389 for a little over a half hour? That seems a bit absurd. Even if I'm dealing with one of my more well off customers, I'm not going to jack the price just because "they'll pay it".

Ya every market is different. Here in Ontario, in Sudbury, the prices for aeration are 3x more than my current city, mostly because they never had any companies offering the service "on the spot" so they have no clue what the price go for.

GreenI.A.
03-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I start at $70 for under 3k, 5k is about $100, 10 k about $175, 20k is about $280. I don't do a set price per sq foot on anything I do. I strongly disagree with set sq foot pricing, as the area increases me price per foot decreases. i have yet to have anyone say no to an aeration, do I have a little bit of wiggle room to play, yes. But even then if the customer prepays (5% discount), veteran (another 5% discount), pays by credit card (2% loss) that 389 job is still going to pay me 343. If it is a job I really wan to get, a nice high profile lawn I'll give them my normal price but tell them I will take an addition % off

JFGauvreau
03-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I start at $70 for under 3k, 5k is about $100, 10 k about $175, 20k is about $280. I don't do a set price per sq foot on anything I do. I strongly disagree with set sq foot pricing, as the area increases me price per foot decreases. i have yet to have anyone say no to an aeration, do I have a little bit of wiggle room to play, yes. But even then if the customer prepays (5% discount), veteran (another 5% discount), pays by credit card (2% loss) that 389 job is still going to pay me 343. If it is a job I really wan to get, a nice high profile lawn I'll give them my normal price but tell them I will take an addition % off

Ya I never measure the lawn for an aeration, I just ball park, if its just a straight line than its easier to me, than having a 30degree hill with a lot of obstacles in my way.

GreenI.A.
03-19-2011, 02:20 PM
for the most part they are all for my fert customers so I have the square footage info. If it is someone that is not getting fert, I could just ballpark it, but I rather get the sq footage so that I can also throow them a fert quote while im there

JFGauvreau
03-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Ya that makes sense, I sent you a pm.

XLS
03-19-2011, 03:17 PM
using a walker preforator we get 400.00 an hour for areating
and the dethaching we rarly have to do , we do scalp some lawns in early spring. it averages $250-$300 an acre

OrganicsMaine
03-20-2011, 08:10 AM
1 acre= $300. That is a lot of turf to be aerating. If you spend the extra money on a ride on, that shouldn't mean that you charge less for the service. You spend that extra money to make more money right?

nepatsfan
03-20-2011, 08:18 AM

That is pretty darn close to what we charge.

nightshutter
03-20-2011, 11:27 AM
I have seen signs around here for $30 any size yard!

OrganicsMaine
03-20-2011, 11:39 AM
I have seen signs around here for $30 any size yard!

Have at it suckers!

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I get 60 per hr on the plugger or the power rake I know takes me 1 hr to do 16,000 sqft
then there a clean up fee of 60 per hr on power raking
To do a acre just do the math i never price something with out doing the math
That way say you get done and the home owner ask can you over seed I give a price right then
When i go to a job like this i take everything i might need

RigglePLC
03-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Smallaxe is right --Try an organic mulch or (maybe an enzyme snake-oil product) tell her to skip the power-raking--costly, it damages the lawn a lot and doesn't really improve it much. Plus you gets tons of stuff to rake up an get rid of. Huge clean up labor.
Do aeration. So either way, you have to charge about a dollar per minute for your labor. And a dollar a minute for the cost of any equipment you are using, (gas, maintenance, and payments). And dead grass hauling and diposal cost.
http://www.needanewlawn.ca/thatcheliminator.htm