PDA

View Full Version : tossing eggs

LoweJ82
03-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Has anyone ever tried the tossing out plastic Easter eggs to gain new client's? Ive read threads on forums about people doing this at Easter time this would be cool for ppl who had kids, but you couldn't hide them or else the ppl they hire instead of yourself would find them and 1 up your gimmick the following year.

My thoughts was to purchase so many empty's that are all 1 or 2 color's then a bunch of mixed eggs with candy in them....

And a bulk purchase of small Easter basket's nothing fancy, then placing business cads in the empty's with random discount's or some kind of deal printed on backside, spray glue some grass crap in bottom, drop some candy filled egg's in with one "loaded egg" in each of these baskets, give these to only current or past customers that you would like to return...

then toss a bunch of candy eggs with 1 maybe 2 "loaded eggs" in the surrounding neighbors yard, they will either think its cool and will bring it up at Easter dinner or work w/e maybe even call for a estimate or they will just toss them in trash like poison Halloween candy.

CLARK LAWN
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
if you threw those in my yard the only call i would give you was to tell you to come clean up your trash. sme with people that put a flier in a baggy with some stones and throw them in the drive. it is called LITTERING around here.

GMLC
03-15-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm against throwing anything into someones yard. Just make some Easter door hangers/cards.

LoweJ82
03-15-2011, 01:35 PM
thats seems to be the general feedback lol

I always here of ppl tossing cards, fliers and so where ever they land, figured with the holiday that ppl might enjoy this more than a bag of rocks or bulbs to plant.

the only people I see calling anymore than does with fliers and the such would be other LCO's

the free advertiser that gets thrown out is littering as well, come ever tuesday the local paper gives the route ppl a few hundred a piece to toss out in the drive of their non customers,

Ive pretty much made up my mind on doing this, If I get a call to pick up the eggs Ill do so, Ill take a count on how many "loaded eggs" go out, how many calls for estimates if any I get and how many calls I get to pick them up out of the yard and post result here.

O yeah when does the bunny hop? ik j/k

LoweJ82
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm against throwing anything into someones yard. Just make some Easter door hangers/cards.

going for more of a personally touch, Door hangers would take 2 times longer and would just be another hanger to toss in the garbage.

GMLC
03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
thats seems to be the general feedback lol

I always here of ppl tossing cards, fliers and so where ever they land, figured with the holiday that ppl might enjoy this more than a bag of rocks or bulbs to plant.

the only people I see calling anymore than does with fliers and the such would be other LCO's

the free advertiser that gets thrown out is littering as well, come ever tuesday the local paper gives the route ppl a few hundred a piece to toss out in the drive of their non customers,

Ive pretty much made up my mind on doing this, If I get a call to pick up the eggs Ill do so, Ill take a count on how many "loaded eggs" go out, how many calls for estimates if any I get and how many calls I get to pick them up out of the yard and post result here.

O yeah when does the bunny hop? ik j/k

Let us know how it works.

P.S. Like your website!

LoweJ82
03-15-2011, 02:10 PM
P.S. Like your website!

thanks, Im sorda happy with it, I gotta come up with a better color combo and start working on it again, Got to the point Id get a headache not to far in so Id quit... But it needs done.

Any suggestions? good things bad things?

I need to get a free estimate form & contact us form up asap, Im gonna drop the angies list feedback button until I get some feedback there lol

GMLC
03-15-2011, 02:22 PM
thanks, Im sorda happy with it, I gotta come up with a better color combo and start working on it again, Got to the point Id get a headache not to far in so Id quit... But it needs done.

Any suggestions? good things bad things?

I need to get a free estimate form & contact us form up asap, Im gonna drop the angies list feedback button until I get some feedback there lol

I like the colors and layout. Easy to navigate. I would get the contact tab up like you said and move the project photos tab after all the services tabs. All looks good though.

TheBetterDoorhanger
03-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi Lawnsite Members! Have you heard of our innovative Band-It Stick-It Door Hangers? They are a cost effective way to keep your advertisement on the door where it belongs & customers can even bring the ad inside & place it on the refrigerator instead of throwing it in the drawer with your competitors ads.

We have great start up specials on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It® products and even offer free CUSTOM design services if you mention this forum post! (No hidden costs – talk to a live customer service rep – lots of Lawn & Landscaping designs to choose from as well as custom design services)

5,000 only $295 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
2,500 only $189 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING & STICK-IT INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

ALSO 9"x6" FULL COLOR POST CARDS (with Stick-It) mailed & postage included as low as $0.26 each.
SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

www.AdeasPrinting.com/door-hangers
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com