PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Storage Question

Supper Grassy
03-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Ok. Cops came and told me i have to put my trailer behind the front door or keep it hooked to the truck. I go to school so towing a trailer 24/7 isn't possible. both sides of my house are hills. I am thinking of putting it next to the garage but that pitches away from the house and is probably a 2' drop width wise and a 3' drop from the highest point to the lowest point. I had the trailer stored there for a short time last year and the wheels sunk in since it is all grass and the only way to get the trailer there is to back it across the grass
which of these would the the best option
Place concrete pavers under the tires
use landscaping ties or something else to build a wall so that i can backfill the area with dirt or rock (which would be better) so that the whole area level and then put the trailer on that

lawnangel1
03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
What about a self storage place?

Supper Grassy
03-15-2011, 06:29 PM
I dont have any local that have storage for trailers

lawnangel1
03-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Someone obviously doesn't want your equipment in the neighborhood. One of your neighbors probably called the cops to complain. I would find a different space other than your house to store your stuff or they will keep giving you headaches.

Supper Grassy
03-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Someone obviously doesn't want your equipment in the neighborhood. One of your neighbors probably called the cops to complain. I would find a different space other than your house to store your stuff or they will keep giving you headaches.
I think I know who called. I know for sure that they did not call on me they called on new neighbors who were parking an enclosed on the street not attached to anything the cop stopped over and said he cant just tell them so he has to tell us too. It was not a problem for the 2-3 years i had it in the driveway before the new people moved in and it turned into parking wars

ecurbthims
03-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Out of your two choices,back fill the area as that will make using your trailer easier in the future ,and an extra parking space usually is a good thing .

Supper Grassy
03-16-2011, 05:49 PM
What would you backfill it with? and what would you build the "Walls" with

olde_blue
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Most cities that prohibit the parking of trailers in front of the house face also prohibit parking of them on grass or even gravel, so you might want to check with city hall. You could also buy a cheap truck to keep the trailer hooked up to out front. :laugh:

Supper Grassy
03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
My town doesn't care where it is as long as it's behind the front plane. The cop suggested the side
Posted via Mobile Device

Clark Griswold
03-16-2011, 09:40 PM
What would you backfill it with? and what would you build the "Walls" with

Hire someone that knows what their doing or at least some common sense!

Dogbonz
03-16-2011, 09:56 PM
excavate area to level,,, sand then limestone. rail road tie's for side's of form or stake'd sideways womanized wood planks. then a hand full of roofing nails thrown under the prik's car, that started all the parking wars.

D&K Lawns
03-16-2011, 10:27 PM
griswold, You are such an idiot! Please don't post since you don't ever have anything good to say.

ashgrove landscaping
03-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Right in the front lawn sounds good.. Shut those dumb neighbors up

LCPullman
03-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Probably the best thing to do would be to put in a wall and level the area of gravel. Railroad timbers would probably by a relatively inexpensive way to do it. You probably should put timbers that go back into the slope like so |___|___|___| and then hold it all together with 3/8" rebar or something big like that. The timbers placed back into the slope help hold the wall from tipping over as long as they have a decent amount of material on top of them.

LCPullman
03-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Right in the front lawn sounds good.. Shut those dumb neighbors up

Usually it is in ones best interest to try and appease neighbors since they could probably cause alot more trouble if provoked.

Clark Griswold
03-17-2011, 09:04 AM
griswold, You are such an idiot! Please don't post since you don't ever have anything good to say.

Thank You & don't forget the building permit too!