PDA

View Full Version : I need to adjust hour meter?

walker-talker
09-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Got a little problem. In the spring I bought a Jacobson Aero King overseeder. The dealer left the key on accidently and I also left it on just yesterday, both honest mistakes. I now have the hour meter showing 60 hours of use, in reality, it should read 5 hours. What do I do, unplug it for the next 55 hours of use, or is there a way to reverse it? Or should I not worry about it.

Thanks
MATT

Albemarle Lawn
09-20-2002, 12:40 AM
A) Replace it but that is about $70 and you might forget it on again.

B). Unplug it for a while but then you lose track of your hours in terms of maintenance.

c) Not worry about it, when you hit 1000 hours 1060 is more or less the same.

Ken

LAWNGODFATHER
09-20-2002, 01:32 AM
use clear packing tape and put a small sign on it saying minus 55hours.

BigJim
09-20-2002, 01:55 AM
I need to adjust hour meter?

Bet its been done before a few trade-ins too:nono:

awm
09-20-2002, 05:47 AM
kinda like the little sign idea. course u could jus unplug it . that way u always got a low hr trade in.:)
selling- yes sir shes a creampuff awrite.
on top o that, shes pre epa carb,so dont worry about the blue smoke. thats just her,gettin warmed up.

firefighter
09-20-2002, 07:38 AM
You can't turn them back but like others have said, just unplug it and keep track of your hours until your even. You could go to radio shack and pickup a 12 volt buzzer or a audio transducer.
Wire it into your switch so as when the switch is on the buzzer or audio transducer will make noise. If its to loud then cover part of it with black tape.;) :)

65hoss
09-20-2002, 09:53 AM
The hour meter on my lazer doesn't continue to run when the key is left on.

It would be real hard to figure 55 hours if you unplugged it. Go buy a tiny tach with hour meter on it. Use the tiny tach #'s for real #'s. About $50 and installs in minutes. Every piece of equipment I run has one on it.

walker-talker
09-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the info. Now I need to put a little sign on it saying "deduct 58 hours" because I'll be damned if I didn't leave it on again. But at least I figured why. I have several other pieces of equipment with Honda engines. On all those I turn off on the motor, not used to this one having a key. The meter runs off the battery. The only reason there is a battery is because of the electric clutch. What were those engineers thinking? The only reason I found out the first time was becasue I was in my garage and heard it clicking. I like the idea of a little buzzer or horn that lets me know the unit is on while the engine is not running, like my Walker. For the time being, I will start a log in the back of the manual to keep an accurate record.

Thanks again
MATT

LAWNGODFATHER
09-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by walker-talker
The only reason there is a battery is because of the electric clutch. What were those engineers thinking?

Does it have electric start?

Do you have to charge that battery every so often?

That is not why it has a battery, magnito electric clutches can operate off the electrical system on your engine.

Toro WB without electric start have them with no battery.

walker-talker
09-21-2002, 03:56 PM
LGF,

No, it does not have an electric start. I have never had to charge the battery either.

MATT

greensummer
09-21-2002, 04:41 PM
Non-Topic:

VW Mechanic's will roll back your mileage for a charge of $300.00 CDN. ;)

LAWNGODFATHER
09-22-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by walker-talker
No, it does not have an electric start. I have never had to charge the battery either.

Then it has a charging system, now the question is what's the battery for? It is not there soley for the clutch. Odd........

walker-talker
09-22-2002, 12:37 PM
The leads coming off the battery go up to the control panel where the key, hour meter and electric clutch switch is. I was told by my local dealers that the battery was there for the electric clutch. I ended up buying the unit from Dave, Capt. Devo, but I doubt if he knows much about it. Oh well......

I guess I could leave it on for the next 417 days so that the hour meter rolls around, but it sure would be a pisser if I missed it.

MATT