PDA

View Full Version : Who says you can't use a big tow behind aerator on a 5k lawn

LAWNGODFATHER
09-20-2002, 02:56 AM
Here is proof and the back is only about 4,200 sq ft

LAWNGODFATHER
09-20-2002, 03:00 AM
Heck for that matter why not use a WB aerator too.....

He is doing the front, then comes to the back to do the trim work.

He told me that he love his new toy for the next month and a half.

John Gamba
09-20-2002, 08:07 AM
Great Uniforms

1mowlawn
09-20-2002, 09:07 AM
LGF, So what did you get for that job? Nice equipment, I will be purchasing a Feldmann 40 inch tow behind this weekend, to be used with my ATV, I have a Gravely ZTR 23HP Kaw but I'm not comfortable using it with the Feldmann plus it doesn't have an attachment for a pin hitch, I guess I cound weld one on if I needed one, I think the 4X4 ATV Honda Rancher will do a better job. I found the Feldmann at a near by dealer for around $475 which I thought was a pretty reasonable price. Whatcha think about the Feldmann brand?? I hope it will withstand commercial type work for years to come, it looks pretty solid.

The Mowerdude
09-20-2002, 09:11 AM
LGF

Once again you and I have both developed virtually the same way of doing things.:p

I have a Lesco pull behind and a Turfco wb. It's a great combination.

One of the best things about pull behind aerators is that you don't have to absorb the shock loads that you get from a wb. That way you can keep making passes and get the yard really softened up. That's where, I think, most of the FNGs fail. The wb is way strenuous to make multiple passes. One lap around and they quit.

The Mowerdude
09-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Here's my setup. Notice the cool Lazer Z shirt that Catalino's wearing while riding my Chariot. Yeah, I'd rather have the Lazer Z, too. (but that's another story)

65hoss
09-20-2002, 09:47 AM
LGF, sure would look better on the back of something red. :p

MacLawnCo
09-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Hey Mowerdude,

I hope those bags of fert have never ripped open on you. That sure would suck.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-20-2002, 12:51 PM
I just post the contract.

I did pick up a used Turfco aerator today for $50. That is $50

We did Aeration, Seed, Starter Fert, Lime, and he got the 6-Step program starting in 2 weeks, but I will just start with application #5. Then all over next season.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 1mowlawn
LGF, So what did you get for that job? Nice equipment, I will be purchasing a Feldmann 40 inch tow behind this weekend, to be used with my ATV, I have a Gravely ZTR 23HP Kaw but I'm not comfortable using it with the Feldmann plus it doesn't have an attachment for a pin hitch, I guess I cound weld one on if I needed one, I think the 4X4 ATV Honda Rancher will do a better job. I found the Feldmann at a near by dealer for around $475 which I thought was a pretty reasonable price. Whatcha think about the Feldmann brand?? I hope it will withstand commercial type work for years to come, it looks pretty solid.

I have a Feldman also. After 10+ years of service it was time to replace it, but it still works.

The Mowerdude
09-20-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
Hey Mowerdude,

I hope those bags of fert have never ripped open on you. That sure would suck.

so far they haven't. If you'll look closely, you'll see that the bag on the bottom of the pile is seed. We've found that by putting it on the aerator for a while, the vibrating action of the aerator speeds germination by 30%.

And if you beleive that, I've got some ocean front property out in Arizona for sale. :D

Tony Harrell
09-22-2002, 08:30 AM
LGF, I'm using a WebTv and can't make out some items on your contract. Would you mind helping me out? What is the last item for $46 on your contract? Also, would you copy/paste your conditions? What is your 6 step program? I'm going for my turf and ornamental in november and hope to be doing services next year.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Lime application.

The terms was sapposed to be cut off.

6-Step is a 6 visit spoon fed weed and feed program with a spring pre-em.

This guy is a very good customer, and I wouldn't be servicing his lawn cause he is out of my area, but he is such a good payer, and is very paticular about paying and marking all invoices paid, check number etc.. you get the drift. I do all but what I gave a bid for already, and now do the lawn apps. He did the whole year for next season pre-paid already.

captdevo
09-22-2002, 08:21 PM
BTW......LGF....

where did you get that Classen?-----lol

For $2k delivered that's a nice machine!!! 42", tow behind or 3pt. with electric lift!

glad you like it.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by captdevo
BTW......LGF....

where did you get that Classen?-----lol

For $2k delivered that's a nice machine!!! 42", tow behind or 3pt. with electric lift!

glad you like it.
I got it from YOU Captdevo www.rpm-co.com

stslawncare
09-23-2002, 12:04 PM
are you going to be selling that old aerator of yours? looks like it still is very strong.

Barkleymut
09-23-2002, 02:06 PM
I've been using a tow behind for 2+ years. I can get almost anywhere with it. I use it on backyards that are around 2K. I've also found that when you back up it tears up the existing grass a little more than going forward but most customers don't really care. I also have a Claussen only its painted Lesco green.

Also for the guy with all that fert strapped to it. You should buy 3 70lb. bags of sand or concrete.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Scottie it is not going to be for sale, I do have places I need all 4 aerators going if we want to do them in one full day.

65hoss
09-24-2002, 09:17 AM
That aerator looks like more than 90 lbs. It maybe more than the DC can handle.