PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

TTM42
03-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Has anyone ever tried or had any experience with the advertisements that are shown now before a movie is played in the movie theater? I know the best advertising is word of mouth but I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of trying it and if it worked and if anyone thinks if it would be successful or not. Thank you in advance for your replies.

MOHUSTLER
03-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I cant imagine thats a great outlet to get your name out. People go to the moives for a moive. Not to search for a LCO. Unless its dirt cheap id avoid that. Plus think about what % of people who go to the moives are pre 20 year olds. It would be like putting your add on a can of redbull enegery drink

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
It wont be cheap. Dont think youll get return

walker-talker
03-17-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't think it would be worth it. Might be ok for a well known car sales lot.

Lawn Enforcer
03-19-2011, 08:07 PM
You also have to figure that people don't usually get there early enough to see the ads, and they're young and usually on the phone texting before the movie and wouldn't even notice the ads.

clean_cut
03-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah, like the other guys, I think you'd be targeting mostly the wrong audience, teeange kids. I'm sure you'd get some families with young kids that may need some yard help, but I think it would be more kids than who you want to target.