PDA

View Full Version : Mulch kit for Walker GHS

starry night
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
For sale: Mulch plate to convert Walker 48" GHS deck into mulching. Two screws hold it in place so you can quickly put in in or take it out. This plate works well for the purpose of mulching. Look at it on ebay for $155. I'll sell mine (like new) for $50 plus $11 USPS shipping.

ProLandscape
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I might be interested in buying your mulch kit for your walker deck. However, I have a 42" deck and want to know if this mulch kit will work with a 42" GHS deck. I am also curious how well this mulch kit works.

KrayzKajun
04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm intrested!
Posted via Mobile Device

american dream
04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Why are you selling it
Posted via Mobile Device

starry night
04-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Hold on guys. I moved since I posted this last Fall. I have to check in a storage unit to make sure it's there. We've had a couple instances of things getting lost in the move. I'll let you know on Monday.

starry night
04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes, I do have the mulch plate. It is available for the same price as I posted originally. It works well especially with mulching blades. I was in landscape and maintenance for 28 years. Now taking a new direction where I will use my head more than my back, that is, landscape lighting. So I have sold much of my equipment. Still have a 2005 Walker GHS with only 1430 hours for anyone who might be close to Northern Ohio.

Any other questions about the mulch plate? Again, check it out on ebay with a good explanation. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walker-mower-MULCH-KIT-for-GHS-catching-deck-/330722812016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d009da07

The plate is just the top part in the photo. He has something else under it just to hold it up for the photo.

ProLandscape
04-30-2012, 08:43 AM
I would like to purchase your mulching plate if it can be installed on a 42" GHS tilt deck. Please let me know how you would like to be paid (money order, personal check, Paypal, etc.) I have been using my GHS to bag all of the grass clippings in my yard and have considered purchasing a mulching deck. If this mulching plate works, it would be perfect for my yard. Do you also have the installation instructions?

starry night
04-30-2012, 09:16 AM
I've never seen a 42" deck so I don't know for sure if the grass opening (where it goes into the blower) is the same size as a 48". But I notice on that ebay posting that the guy seems to say their are two different size plates.
So I would guess that mine won't work on your 42" deck.

ProLandscape
04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
OK. Thank you for your prompt response and for your communication. I believe that the guy on eBay has this mulching plate way over priced, but he probably sells these as fast as he can make them. Thanks again for working with me.