PDA

View Full Version : Landpride or Harley power rake. Need opinions and testimonials

greenngrow
09-20-2002, 12:16 PM
Have been through the searches and checked out both web sites. Checked with local dealers and got the prices. The prices are about the same. Only a couple of hundred seperates the two units. The Landpride is a little cheaper and the dealer is closer.

I need some of your hands on experiences. I am looking at purchasing in the next couple of weeks.

DaddyRabbit
09-20-2002, 10:05 PM
I too am having the same quandary as you. I am looking at the T-6 Harley Rake and the Landpride unit. Both units are very similar in design as I am sure the Landpride copied the Harley rake. I can purchase the Landpride unit for $4900.00 and the Harley for $6200.00 so the price so indicates to go w/Landpride where I'm concerned. I believe both units will do an outstanding job. I would definitely go w/the carbide teeth. I even looked at the pirrannah unit as well but was scared as to it being to green/new in the market. I have no testimonial to offer only food for thought, hope it helps. Let us know what it is you picked out and good luck to you.

Randy Scott
09-20-2002, 11:08 PM
I purchased the Harley Rake this spring. I love it. It works awesome and is built decent, fell off the trailer going around a corner and nothing happened to it, I was just a little embarassed. I thought it was tied down tight but I guess not. Oops! Anyway, I haven't used any other brand but my dealer and I thought it was pretty well built so I went with it. Works awesome for preparing seed bed and finish grading. I've used it to rough grade some clay and then spread the topsoil around also. Normally I will spread out topsoil with the bucket and then put the rake on to start getting grade and finish work. I go behind with a rake to smooth in the skidsteer tracks and your done. The more I get used to it the faster and better I get with it. Don't be discouraged in the beginning, it takes a little getting used to for you to be efficient with it. I paid right around $6200 or $6300 for it.

site
09-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Look for threaded replaceable teeth- not a big deal now, but It sure beats welding on new teeth when they wear down. I think this option is available on the harley. I didn't think about it until too late (just bought the harley three weeks ago). I have tried both, but don't have enough hours on either one to adequately compare. Close service and low price helps. Whichever you choose will help you do a professional job.

Stonehenge
09-21-2002, 01:10 AM
They do take a little practice - this is the 4th season for our Harley, and I'd say I'm pretty proficient at it.

Good design, very tough. The replaceable teeth is a good idea, but after 4 years we've still got most of the tooth life left on ours.

I can start with a lot that has 2' high weeds and have it down to bare, tilled soil in just a little while.

As for dealer support, I've blown out a hydro hose once - pretty much any farm or tractor place could've fixed it. (Or I could've done it myself) I'm not sure what else could go wrong - clean, simple design.

Buy a hydroseeder and you'll have all you need to crank out tons of seeding projects.

Mow&Snow
09-21-2002, 01:35 AM
Does anyone use one on a tractor, or only a skidsteer?

greenngrow
09-21-2002, 07:12 AM
Thanks for all the input.

Let go into a little more deapth. The equipment that I already have are a TC 33D New Holland Tractor, a Beefco power seeder amd tiller. The power rake just looks like I can get the soil prepared so much faster than I am now.

The next concern is the weight of the rake will my tractor be able to handle the Lanpride. In the pictures I don't see counter wheels on the back like the Harley.

The Cheapest I have found the Landpride Pr2572 is 5700.00 and the Harley Pro 6 is 5999.00

Hey Stone, as for the hydroseeder it coming next week. I have worked out a deal that is sweet. I have a seed dealer that is a dealer for a good hydro seeder. They don't have anyone to demo the units. So I am going to demo the units for the Company for the use of the unit. No $$$$ down. Now how sweet can that be?????

I am leaning toward the Harley but the dealer is over 90 miles away. They do have the unit in stock and could be working lawns next week.

I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again.

paul
09-21-2002, 08:54 AM
This is from Landpride's web site Gauge Wheels
16.5" x 6.5" Air Tires with Sealant and 3/4" Roller Bearings and Spacer Height Adjustment.

We have 2 Landpride units, no major problems with them, we did have the tires soild filled. We are going to make one of the units laser controlled this winter (single plane).

You should be well served with either unit, I just wish Landpride would make a 8' unit with the tooth model.

greenngrow
09-25-2002, 09:05 PM
Well Guys I bought the Harley T6 today. This thing is the trick.

I can't say enough good things about the machine. It will make things go much faster and a whole lot easier. NO MORE PICKING UP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

My guys looked at each other said that "They just lost thier jobs. I wouldn't need them anymore." This maybe true. No they are good young and full of p###.

Just wanted all the replies to know the great news.....

MLI
09-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Can you run these rakes over existing lawns without having to pickup debri? ie......sod,rocks.....sticks etc. Does it just till it all under the surface?

paul
09-25-2002, 11:37 PM
On exsiting lawns you'll have to go over them a few times, but you'll still have rocks and sticks to pick up. Most of the grass will be buried. you can windrow the rocks and sticks then using it as a box rake bring it in to a pile.