PDA

View Full Version : Help Keeping grass out of boots

mcambrose
09-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Any one know of anything to help keep grass out of boots/shoes. When I work in shorts, my shoes fill with grass and dirt and make my socks where they won't come clean. I was thinking of something like a snake bite guard that covers from the sock over the top of the boot/shoe. Any one have any ideas. Surely someone has made something for this purpose.

Gravely_Man
09-20-2002, 02:25 PM
That and safety is the main reason that I only work in long pants now. It was too uncomfortable to wear shorts and have to constantly pick the grass, twigs and hedge clippings out of the tops of my boots. Hopefully someone will have an answer for us both.

StayStihl
09-20-2002, 02:31 PM
I have seen fellers wearing these "chap like" things. I dunno how well they work as far as keeping debris out of one's shoes, but I am sure they help on the flying debris taking chunks out of your shins. I dunno where to get these things, I have only saw em being used by other LCO's as I am on the go, driving by etc...I'll see if I can catch one at a stand still, and ask em about those chaps, if I find anything out, I'll post. I too wear shorts, I just deal with the debris in my boots, and wear cheaper socks. Right now :)

TurfGuyTX
09-20-2002, 02:40 PM
I switched from shorts to pants, nothing in my boots. :) I'm not any hotter wearing them either. If you're set on getting some chaps, I'd check that link at the top for W. E. Chapps. I'm sure that have something you'd like. Good luck.

StayStihl
09-20-2002, 02:59 PM
LoL... TurfGuy, I guess that would be a good place to start eh? (W.E. Chapps) I didn't even see that, thanks!:D

hnter
09-20-2002, 03:58 PM
try www.ems.com and do a search for 'gaiters'...

Blessed 1
09-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Check this out:

http://www.wechapps.com/home/Leg_Arm_Chapps/leg_arm_chapps.html

lasher66
09-20-2002, 05:17 PM
It was to hot this summer for pants. I just have 4 or 5 pair of socks that I keep seperate for my lawn business. That way I dont ruin all of them. If you experiment more with the way you hold the trimmer, this will greatly reduce the amount of clippings in your shoes. Watch what way the grass is flying and trim in the opposite direction. Dont care to use pants and chaps, way to hot.

Lasher

TurfGuyTX
09-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by lasher66
It was to hot this summer for pants. . Dont care to use pants and chaps, way to hot.

Lasher

I used to only wear shorts too. Once I found the right pants and gave them a fair chance, I'm always wearing them. It gets hot here in Texas and I'm more comfortable in pants. The shower at home stays cleaner too. :)

Grasshog
09-20-2002, 08:43 PM
looks like those Chaps would be hot. I think if i had a pair I'd only use them once or twice. Too much time to put them on an off each stop.

Plus i like my legs tan

Doogiegh
09-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Goto http://www.wechapps.com/home/Leg_Arm_Chapps/Knee_to_Foot/knee_to_foot.html

Check out the Foot Chapps..

That is ALL that you need.

And they are only $13.95, the price of what... a couple pairs of socks?

I put mine on when I start and don't take them off till I finish.. Not each job but for the DAY. They are not hot at all. And velco adjustable so they work out real nice.

I also got a pair of the Strap Chapps. They are great for doing trimming of much higher brush that is moist wet and yucky.. Lot better covering the chapps in sludge, letting them dry and shaking them off then putting all that dirt mess on your pants, into your truck and ultimatly into your washing machine....
Gary

Grasshog
09-20-2002, 09:33 PM
Doogiegh, Thanks

mcambrose
09-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Doogiegh
Goto http://www.wechapps.com/home/Leg_Arm_Chapps/Knee_to_Foot/knee_to_foot.html

Check out the Foot Chapps..

That is ALL that you need.

And they are only $13.95, the price of what... a couple pairs of socks?

I put mine on when I start and don't take them off till I finish.. Not each job but for the DAY. They are not hot at all. And velco adjustable so they work out real nice.

I also got a pair of the Strap Chapps. They are great for doing trimming of much higher brush that is moist wet and yucky.. Lot better covering the chapps in sludge, letting them dry and shaking them off then putting all that dirt mess on your pants, into your truck and ultimatly into your washing machine....
Gary

Thank you a lot. This is exactly what I have been searching for. You guys are great. Others had mentioned this site, but didn't mention the boot chaps. I had not seen those. Thannks and have a great day.