PDA

View Full Version : 91 Isuzu Landscape body/Dump Hybrid truck

grass-scapes
03-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi,
I didn't know what else to call this truck. Its got a 17 foot landscape body that converts on the fly to a dump truck.

The PTO driven hydraulic system will raise the dovetail, then dump the bed.
Now, this truck isn't perfect by a long shot. The body is awesome for someone who only wants one truck but needs a dump truck too every now and then.

It has the tarp cover that rolls up. It has stowable ends for the dump so you can keep what you are dumping in the flat section.

The truck has around 250,000 miles on it. I don't know the exact amount but its around that. Its diesel. It leaks oil. May be rear main, may be something simple. I didn't want to pay to have it diagnosed. I got the estimate for worst case and its going to be around 750 since the bed comes completely out of the way. I don't want to fix it. I figured someone on here wants one like this, can work on engines, and can make this thing work for them.

This truck runs, its driveable, has great tires (probably 80% tread left), new lights, new windshield, new rear brake cylinders (brakes still need adjusting, but its just me and I don't have time right now). It has a spring assist gate, but quite honestly, the spring doesn't help much...probably worn out (3 springs)
I am trying to give full disclosure on this truck. I drove it about 8 months until the brake cylinders went out. Replaced them them over the winter so here it is.

I am asking $5500 for it. I am more than willing to make trades if you have what I am looking for. Some are going to say this is too high, and maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Who knows.

I am looking for a flatbed isuzu or similar to convert to a spray rig truck.
I am looking for a dump isuzu or similar.
I am looking for a newer 60" cut z (not high hours please) Prefer a larger frame machine.

ChuckNC
03-16-2011, 11:23 PM
I have to say it looks like a nice rig.
This may not be what you want to hear???
The most economical thing to do is fix that
truck. The small amount to fix is better off then
buying a newer truck and going debt in this economy.
Drive it down to Monroe and I'll paint your cab any color for $250.00
I would also weld drop pockets on the bed and install sheet metal sides
to advertise your company and also hide a spray rig.
Get a spray rig that has mechanical agitation with a 20 GPM diaphragm pump
and you will cut your fertilizer cost by 80%. Say good bye to lesco/John Deere
rip offs.
That's what we use and Lesco won't/can't compete in the competition.

Knowledge is power!

grass-scapes
03-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Already have a Super Lawn Truck that I purchased from a member here, so going into debt isn't an issue.

Posted this to see if anyone else needed an economical truck that serves a dual purpose.

The trades are an option for those that don't have the cash needed to purchase. I would still rather have cash, but I have to leave my options open.

a nicer z with a 60 inch deck is right down my alley and the person who owns one of those and don't use it much may just need a truck like this.

Thank you for your thoughts though.

grass-scapes
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Besides, why mess up such a unique body. The body is much more valuable like this to someone.

Self_Paid1
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
I have to say it looks like a nice rig.
This may not be what you want to hear???
The most economical thing to do is fix that
truck. The small amount to fix is better off then
buying a newer truck and going debt in this economy.
Drive it down to Monroe and I'll paint your cab any color for $250.00
I would also weld drop pockets on the bed and install sheet metal sides
to advertise your company and also hide a spray rig.
Get a spray rig that has mechanical agitation with a 20 GPM diaphragm pump
and you will cut your fertilizer cost by 80%. Say good bye to lesco/John Deere
rip offs.
That's what we use and Lesco won't/can't compete in the competition.

Knowledge is power!

Can you get the info on the setup you talking about.

KrayzKajun
03-17-2011, 12:13 AM
man tht is perfect for a solo operation!!

of course yur too far away!
thts exactly the setup i want to go to!

ChuckNC
03-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Can you get the info on the setup you talking about.

LOL
Are you joking?
I have built these units for years, starting in 1984 when I worked
at the Barlett Labs when they developed "Boost 29-9-9"
I did a little more then the average at a 700 acre arboretum.

grass-scapes
03-17-2011, 07:59 PM
I can't believe there isn't anyone out there that can use a truck like this.

jackedf150
03-17-2011, 08:41 PM
GRass scapes, I have a isuzu with a 14' flatbed for sale. I see u are looking for one.
Posted via Mobile Device

grass-scapes
03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Then you also saw that I am looking to TRADE this one, not purchase one outright. Is that what you had in mind?

knox gsl
03-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm not in the market for a truck but I love that dump bed. It seems like a good all around truck for mulch, cleanups and mowing route work.

Hell on Blades
03-17-2011, 11:38 PM
That is an awesome truck... who makes the dump body?

grass-scapes
03-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Land King is the name on it. It was put on by a company in GA. (which is where I got it from)

grass-scapes
03-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Oh, in the pictures you will notice the front board of the dump section in place at the rear part of the cage. That is bolted in place but it actually is supposed to go on the dumping section and has slots for the front and back part of that dump section (you can see where they stow away in the cage part, just above the tarp). That way, you have full use of the floor space when it isn't in dump mode.

R & R Yard Designs
03-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Can you put up more pics for me please.
Posted via Mobile Device

jackedf150
03-18-2011, 02:30 PM
No, not at all. Just the way I read it mayb. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

grass-scapes
03-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Can you put up more pics for me please.
Posted via Mobile Device

What kind of pics do you need? Its old, its ugly, it needs a little work, but it does what its designed to do.

All interiors are the same on these things. At around 250,000 miles, the seats are pretty worn. The material is good (cloth) but the springs are worn out in it.

StihlMechanic
03-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Man thats an awesome truck.

flatlander42
03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll give you another bump!

Great looking dump bed!

stuvecorp
03-19-2011, 12:19 AM
That's a cool setup. Bump for ya!

eagleharborelite
03-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Interested, send me a message please.
Thanks

grass-scapes
03-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I sent you a visitor message. I guess you cant receive PMs yet. What can I help you with on this?

eagleharborelite
03-19-2011, 11:24 PM
How bad is the oil leak?
Is the truck usable?
I live in Florida, Do you think the truck would make the trip down before having the oil leak fixed?

grass-scapes
03-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Are you the same person who spoke to me about the craigslist ad on the same truck? I think it would make it, but I can't guarantee that it would. I just came from Richmond to Greensboro yesterday in an NPR and it was a rough ride. (not the same truck) These trucks aren't meant for the highway for any length of time, and, as I said, the brakes need adjusting. They work, but with the shoes so far from the drums, you may need to press them a time or two extra if you have to stop quickly.

After a day of use around town, I had to add about a quart of oil. It would leave small puddles at each and every stop. So, based on mileage from here to you, you may have to add quite a bit of oil over the trip.

Did you check on a trailer rental? IF you let me know what it costs to rent one, I may be able to work with you on it.

If you want it and want to try to drive it back, thats fine and as long as you had oil with you, it should be ok. Keep in mind, it is an as is sale, and as such, once you leave, you would be on your own.

grass-scapes
03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Tis the season to have a lawn truck

eagleharborelite
03-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I did send you a message through your Craigslist add and did not get a reply.
I have 94 NPR flatbed that I might be interested in trading for your setup.
Let me think about it

grass-scapes
03-20-2011, 10:47 PM
I did send you a message through your Craigslist add and did not get a reply.
I have 94 NPR flatbed that I might be interested in trading for your setup.
Let me think about it

It was sent yesterday from my phone. Anyway, you got the gist of it.

rsp1961
03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Nice set up. What size is the bed? What engine is it? Tranny? Thanks

grass-scapes
03-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Auto Trans, Turbo diesel engine. 17 ft bed. 11 ft flat part (dumping section) 2 ft in front of dumping section, and a 4 ft dovetail.

its a 91 so you can look up transmission type, engine type, etc.

BlazerRidge
03-22-2011, 03:34 PM
What is your bottom dollar on it?

grass-scapes
03-22-2011, 11:29 PM
If I gave someone my bottom dollar on it, they would just try to go lower. Seriously, this is a good price on this, especially with a bed like this. It will sell at this price or close to it....It may take a month or two, but guess what.....Its paid for and not costing me a dime to be parked. I have over 2 acres of unused space at my shop so it won't be in my way.

If you want to try to get it cheaper, make an offer, don't ask me to do your dirty work for you. I would hurry though, because someone has looked at it, drove it, and is coming back late tomorrow for another look...

coolluv
03-23-2011, 06:03 AM
You have a 20 year old truck with god only knows how many miles are on it, and 250000 is a stretch, I'll bet more like 400,000 or more, the SOB is worn out. I'll bet the front end is shot along with the suspension and if the tranny is still in good shape it won't be long before it takes a crap. That truck is worth what the bed is worth and thats about $2500 and I'll bet the dump cylinders leak and the pump is probably on its way out along with dry rotted lines and everything else.

And your looking for some fool to give you $5000 or more. I normally don't say anything on these ridiculous post but man your trying to take someone that doesn't know any better for a ride. I saw that truck on craigslist 6 months ago or longer, you couldn't get rid of it then for that ridiculous amount so now you come on here and try to convince some newbie to take that piece of junk off your hands.

Your a piece of work.

Dave...

grass-scapes
03-23-2011, 06:12 AM
You have a 20 year old truck with god only knows how many miles are on it, and 250000 is a stretch, I'll bet more like 400,000 or more, the SOB is worn out. I'll bet the front end is shot along with the suspension and if the tranny is still in good shape it won't be long before it takes a crap. That truck is worth what the bed is worth and thats about $2500 and I'll bet the dump cylinders leak and the pump is probably on its way out along with dry rotted lines and everything else.

And your looking for some fool to give you $5000 or more. I normally don't say anything on these ridiculous post but man your trying to take someone that doesn't know any better for a ride. I saw that truck on craigslist 6 months ago or longer, you couldn't get rid of it then for that ridiculous amount so now you come on here and try to convince some newbie to take that piece of junk off your hands.

Your a piece of work.

Dave...

Maybe you should just come take a look at it first before you shoot your mouth off. Cylinders don't leak, pump works great, no dry rot in the lines. Everything functions as it should. Yeah, its an old truck, but it works well. I used it...fixed things that needed to be fixed. People have an option to look at it before they buy it. They can drive it, they can operate it. Whatever they need to do before purchasing. You are entitled to your opinions, but thats just what they are....opinions. So, until you come look at it, don't make judgements......I have made full disclosure of what is wrong with it.

coolluv
03-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Maybe you should just come take a look at it first before you shoot your mouth off. Cylinders don't leak, pump works great, no dry rot in the lines. Everything functions as it should. Yeah, its an old truck, but it works well. I used it...fixed things that needed to be fixed. People have an option to look at it before they buy it. They can drive it, they can operate it. Whatever they need to do before purchasing. You are entitled to your opinions, but thats just what they are....opinions. So, until you come look at it, don't make judgements......I have made full disclosure of what is wrong with it.

Karma Baby Karma.

Dave...

grass-scapes
03-23-2011, 06:28 AM
Karma Baby Karma.

Dave...

Whatever brother...Thats why its an asking price.

grass-scapes
03-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Bump to the top. Odometer is correct....right around 250,000. Engine runs great (other than the oil leak.) all hoses are in great shape. Hydraulics work as should. New brake cylinders, new alternator. replaced the transmission shift computer mid summer last year.

kodak mowing
03-23-2011, 10:40 PM
nice dump,i would love to have.everytime i find one its sold before i get to the bank,good luck with it.

DGM
03-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Just sent PM.

grass-scapes
04-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Sold Sold Sold...

FoghornLeghorn
04-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Did that idiot really just imply your truck was worth $2500?

If you don't like the price, move on. But don't shoot your stupid mouth off about him trying to "rip people off". It's not expensive, you're just goddamn cheap...

grass-scapes
04-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Well, the guy I bought it from was from GA. Either it was him or someone who knew him who made the comment. I did get ripped off on this truck, but I made many repairs to it and actually used it. After purchasing, I found out that many things had been stripped from the truck. The truck was sound so I replaced things that had been taken off (correct alternator, transmission shift computer, heater core, stuff like that) I just didn't want to get into more repairs on the engine leak. I did replace the brake cylinders. The guy who bought it brought a mechanic in two times to look it over. He thinks the leak is something much more simple than the rear main ( I tend to agree), and he has already adjusted the brakes on it while it was in MY driveway. He got a good deal on it. (sold it for $5000.00 without the racks I had put on, for those who will ask later) I had bought a super lawn truck from a guy on here last month so I didn't need this one.