PDA

View Full Version : How do you store light links...

hhdecor
03-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Quick question I was just wondering who have light links they store do you hand them on racks or put them on shelves? If anybody had pictures that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Hirsch's Holdiay Decor

turf hokie
03-16-2011, 09:49 PM
We have done both, racks work better than shelves but are not easy to set up. Stacking on shelves tends to lead to tangled links.

We began saving the boxes they come in, repacking 6 per box and stacking them on shelves, much cleaner, neater and you get more use out of the space.

sorry no pics, good luck.

David Gretzmier
03-17-2011, 12:06 AM
we click ours "closed" and use the 48x12x12 boxes from uline, the 275 pound rated ones. you can get them for 3-4 bucks each. The ones that come with the new links will give you a few years, but the ones from uline will last 7-10 years if you keep them dry and don't try to overload them.

lawnguy423
03-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Sorry for a noob question, but I have looked at some sites and didn't come across light links. What are they and what is their use? I am just starting to look into this bisiness and thinking of starting this upcoming season. Thank you. Posted via Mobile Device

TexasFire221
03-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey Hirch this is Derek from Texas. I go with Dave on the heavy duty boxes from uline. Only way to go in my opinion. Gonna make it to convention this year?

hhdecor
03-24-2011, 08:39 PM
If you would like to see what a light link is go to http://holidaybrightlights.com they are used for outlining houses or buildings. There are 2 companies that you can look at one is HBL and the other one is brite ideas both have somewhat of the same concept on links.