PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Maintenance Scheduling Software

Norcal3080
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Is anyone familiar with a good software program for scheduling lawn maintenance? Looking for something you put in the customer, etc and it schedules on the calendar, weekly, bi-weekly etc. Something to make lawns easier to keep track of.

Thanks

Brodie
03-17-2011, 09:01 AM
There is a new site sponsor that offers something similar to what you are describing. I signed up today with them for a free trial and so far it seems to be a good program. There are a few start up bugs that they are having but they have been efficient in resolving the problems that occurred.

This is the link to the thread they posted here on lawnsite http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344311

yardguy28
03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
other than the full lawn software that does everything from scheduling to keeping track of invoices and expenses i have no idea.

i just ditched my lawn software and switched over to quicken because i was having major issues with the software company.

i'm in a need of a schedule but, i'm gonna make a spread sheet myself.

ncknaklawns
03-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I made spreadsheet myself with column heading as follows.

Which mower worked best. (The one near rear of trailer so I don't have to needlessly start them up)

If the grass was unually thick (cut later in day if possible)

Whether it usually had blade dulling sticks lying around.

Then tried to set up a schedule after minimizing drive time and day of the week.

Then you just select and sort it a few different ways to see what works best. Then just fine tune it if you need to.

Dotens
03-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Call Service Auto Pilot. 800-475-4157 It's exactly what you are looking for. Their customer service is fantastic. Metion Dotens Lawn and Landscape when you call. Ask for Ashley she is super nice.

wallace014
03-17-2011, 04:21 PM
http://lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=5832416
the time it took you to make a thread you could have just pressed the search button and had 18 pages full of answers

BigGreen1
03-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I tried outlook to schedule for a brief time. The problem I incurred was needing to change the frequency (occurence) often. It was not convenient to me.

I have finally settled in, and use excel. On the left is the customer's names. On top is the dates with Sunday blocked(colored) out. I put an O for opportunity (predicted at last visit) for when i think I want to do the yard. I replace that with an X when done. My secretary(daughter) will insert the amount paid from the date on the check written or I will insert the amount paid if in cash. I update the spreadsheet often on the computer. I have considered purchase of a netbook to do this and quit printing sheets.

If anyone would like to see a sample, I can create one and post.

Tim

Lefet
03-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Depending on your amount of customers and how much time you've invested in your business thus far, LawnPro is pretty decent start up, inexpensive software that's easy to pick up on and allows you to do pretty much what you want. It does however have it's limitations.

limaint
03-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Using groundskeeper pro...very happy with it. they have a free trial, upto 10 customers.

lawn_guy
03-20-2011, 11:10 PM
I've used CLIP software for the past 8 years. It links up with Quickbooks for invoicing. CLIP takes a little time to figure out, but it works great. We schedule mowing, spraying, mulch, pruning, etc. for about 1,000 properties. Each morning it prints out route sheets for 14 crews.....everything is routed and ready to go. It takes me about 45 minutes each morning to enter in the previous day's work. Every job is tracked down to the minute so I know which jobs are profitable and what prices need to be adjusted. CLIP works great.

yardguy28
03-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Depending on your amount of customers and how much time you've invested in your business thus far, LawnPro is pretty decent start up, inexpensive software that's easy to pick up on and allows you to do pretty much what you want. It does however have it's limitations.

i was a lawnpro fan until version 4 came out. nothing but troubles keeping it updated. plus they changed some things for the worse in my opinion.

i started to have virus errors with it so i had to dump it and i started using quicken. i miss some of the stuff lawnpro offered but not the headaches of the updates always containing viruses.

i even contacted them and told them my problem and that i had to dump it and the link they sent for me to reinstall it had virus errors poping up when i tried to use it. so i said forget it.

Lefet
03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
i was a lawnpro fan until version 4 came out. nothing but troubles keeping it updated. plus they changed some things for the worse in my opinion.

i started to have virus errors with it so i had to dump it and i started using quicken. i miss some of the stuff lawnpro offered but not the headaches of the updates always containing viruses.

i even contacted them and told them my problem and that i had to dump it and the link they sent for me to reinstall it had virus errors poping up when i tried to use it. so i said forget it.

I'm still on 3 so thanks for the heads up. Am starting to look for a more "inclusive" type software myself. But will use what I have to get us through this season, switch in off season.

octopusapp
03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
You might want to check out our product — Octopus. It's a newly released web application that does everything you're looking for. We're priced much lower than the competition for the features that are included, and our add on system allows you to select only the additional features you actually want to use.

You can check out the tour and sign up for a 30 day no commitment free trial at http://www.octopusapp.com

Use the discount code 496LAWNSITE15 to get 15% off your first three months after the free trial is over.

If you have any specific questions about what the system can do don't hesitate to get in touch or ask in this thread.

Best of luck,
Sam
sam@octopusapp.com | www.octopusapp.com

ron mexico75
03-21-2011, 02:22 PM
That octopusapp looks really awesome. I just wateched the youtube video in the link. Being able to access your account from anywhere is an awesome feature, especilly from a smart phone or an ipad in the truck.

Ted at HindSite
03-21-2011, 02:29 PM
HindSite's been working with green pro's for 13 years, and we've got a nice system (if I say so myself). You can check it out via the link down below, and let me know if there's anything I can help with.

yardguy28
03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm still on 3 so thanks for the heads up. Am starting to look for a more "inclusive" type software myself. But will use what I have to get us through this season, switch in off season.

yeah i didn't have any trouble with 3. but when i upgraded to 4 every update had virus stuff attached to it my virus software had to remove before it would load on the computer.

the software worked otherwise until one day i went to open it up and it wouldn't even load. i went to reinstall the last update i had and it just went down hill from there. even restoring my computer to previously backed up date didn't work. so i finally removed it all together.

then i contacted the lawnpro and explain my problem and they sent me a link to installed the current version of 4. as soon as i started downloading it my virus software went crazy. so i said forget it and have since been using quicken.

to early for me to tell how much i like quicken. i just got out of my winter season and won't start my spring season until next week. so i haven't done any billing or anything with it yet.

but if you ever have any questions about version 4 let me know. i can tell you what i liked and disliked about it and the problems (besides the virus thing) the program had on my end.

elitelawnteam1
03-21-2011, 11:35 PM

did you ever have an issue with the software mis-matching customers, account #s, addresses, etc. with LP3?

that's why i switched to LP4 because it works. I made them give me the newer version because it was pretty much garbage. I would have my entire schedule looking fine on the screen, but when it printed, it came out goofed up. I told Pat Cash this and he was like "oh yeah we've heard that from other LCOS too." Never fixed it though. so now i have the install link for LP4. In my opinion, that entire operation is really sketchy, I could've written a program better than LP3. I haven't started using LP4 (i got it last november) and i want to see if it really does what i need it to.

yardguy28
03-22-2011, 11:37 AM
did you ever have an issue with the software mis-matching customers, account #s, addresses, etc. with LP3?

that's why i switched to LP4 because it works. I made them give me the newer version because it was pretty much garbage. I would have my entire schedule looking fine on the screen, but when it printed, it came out goofed up. I told Pat Cash this and he was like "oh yeah we've heard that from other LCOS too." Never fixed it though. so now i have the install link for LP4. In my opinion, that entire operation is really sketchy, I could've written a program better than LP3. I haven't started using LP4 (i got it last november) and i want to see if it really does what i need it to.

at least they acknowledged the problem. the last time i had a problem they insisted it wasn't a problem for anyone and that they couldn't replicate the issue i was having.

mow4cash
03-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Gopher software. Its a plain and simple database with scheduling. Dirt cheap so you can't beat it for the price. I wish they would update it to do more but it still does everything you need it to do. It just lacks luster and the little things like being able to have open multiple windows. It also syncs with quickbooks but i don't care for the integration. Super easy scheduling and they have a free trial.

tg9146
03-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Billmaster by customized business software. Good program. John is very helpful with any problems or questions

Lefet
03-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Never had this problem. It's actually been pretty good for me. I just maxed out it's capabilities. I'm a little anal like that.

yeah i didn't have any trouble with 3. but when i upgraded to 4 every update had virus stuff attached to it my virus software had to remove before it would load on the computer.

the software worked otherwise until one day i went to open it up and it wouldn't even load. i went to reinstall the last update i had and it just went down hill from there. even restoring my computer to previously backed up date didn't work. so i finally removed it all together.

then i contacted the lawnpro and explain my problem and they sent me a link to installed the current version of 4. as soon as i started downloading it my virus software went crazy. so i said forget it and have since been using quicken.

to early for me to tell how much i like quicken. i just got out of my winter season and won't start my spring season until next week. so i haven't done any billing or anything with it yet.

but if you ever have any questions about version 4 let me know. i can tell you what i liked and disliked about it and the problems (besides the virus thing) the program had on my end.

Keep me posted on the quicken. Our accountant finally "encouraged" us to start using QB. I have to say I like the possiblities it presents, but (me & my anal self) already see IT'S limitations. Like scheduling. I really want one program that does everything and I wish it were QB. It would just make life so much easier. For the time being, I'm just using LP3 for scheduling, and QB for everything else.

By the way, I have no idea how the order of those quoted posts got switched.(Again, me and my anal self).

Thanks for the updates.

Bobby1
08-09-2011, 05:51 PM

So do you still like LawnPro...kind of takes a beating on this site?

I want to use this mainly for billing lawn mowing customers.
Here is a typical example …If we have weekly charge of $20 for a lawn customer that is always cut on Thursdays and want to bill each month, can we set up program to bill automatically as we know it will be cut every week from April through mid Novwmber…in other words each month the charge might vary depending on the # of Thursdays in that month. Can all this be set up easily in advance so that we can just press “bill all customers”( or something to that affect) at the end of each month to quickly process all customer billing.
Also, do you email any bills?

TJLANDS
08-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Gopher,
easy cheap, one touch billing and invoicing and the easiest
scheduling software I have tried. I am surprised more people don't use it.
I have tried them all. Been using Gopher since 2003-2004

I have alot of customers on it, simple.

TMlawncare
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Quickbooks Pro with Qxpress Platinum for scheduling. Outstanding combo. Been using it for 3 seasons now.

Bobby1
08-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Gopher,
easy cheap, one touch billing and invoicing and the easiest
scheduling software I have tried. I am surprised more people don't use it.
I have tried them all. Been using Gopher since 2003-2004

I have alot of customers on it, simple.

Thanks T & J...a few questions re. Gopher since you are happy with it.
1. how is Gopher on Windows 7
2. Does it have Service contract forms that can be printed and mailed each season.
3. Can/do you email bills to customers.
4. Ever tried Groundskeeper?

TJLANDS
08-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks T & J...a few questions re. Gopher since you are happy with it.
1. how is Gopher on Windows 7
2. Does it have Service contract forms that can be printed and mailed each season.
3. Can/do you email bills to customers.
4. Ever tried Groundskeeper?

1. perfect with windows 7.
2. I have pre-printed service contracts that we use, no need, but It would be easy and yes it can be done.
3. Yes I email bills all the time
4. yes in 2003, tried a free trial

NJemerald
08-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Does Gopher offer mobile access from an Android

jbell36
08-21-2011, 02:07 AM
Does Gopher offer mobile access from an Android

unfortunately no, at least not to my knowledge...i have tried all the simple programs as well and will agree that gopher by far is the best...great customer service too

it would be awesome if one of these companies came out with an app or something of the sort that you could use in the field that would integrate with your main program on your computer...you could record employees hours, random customers that want to pay you on the job, new estimates, etc...when you get busy papers get lost or information doesn't get recorded...i ALWAYS have my iphone with me, i use it to talk to my customers, listen to music while still being able to answer a business call, read/send emails in the field, and now it would be nice to be able to run your business from your phone too, it would eliminate a lot of stress and keep me more organized...software developers, are you listening?

there is a few other choices that do all this but it's over $100 a month for everything you want...that's at least $1200 a year...gopher is $200 for the entire program

willretire@40
08-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Service autopilot is top notch. You get what you pay for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jobber
08-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone,

It seems to me that you're all looking for basically the same product. Something that's flexible and efficient, but also packed with features - all at a reasonable price. That's exactly what you get with Jobber. You can use the software to do everything from generating quotes and scheduling jobs (including recurring ones) to dispatching and invoicing. At a base rate of just $29/month. We also have a growing selection of Add-Ons including an ePayment feature that lets your customers pay their bills online - you'll never have to wait on a cheque that's "in the mail" again!

Jobber is web-based which means you can access it from any internet connected smartphone or tablet device. You can email the quotes or invoices you generate right from your customer's doorstep.

We offer a 30-Day free trial that lets you give the entire system a whirl before you commit to anything. Check us out at www.getjobber.com and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

gardenkeeper88
08-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Qxpress gold and Quick books. Love it Hated wintac

AndrewsLawnandLandscaping
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
For those of you using QXpress and quickbooks have you tried service autopilot? seems like a lot of people are switching. I am trying to decide on which to start using.

mklawncarewi
12-16-2011, 10:59 PM
For those of you using QXpress and quickbooks have you tried service autopilot? seems like a lot of people are switching. I am trying to decide on which to start using.

I'm thinking of trying this. I have about a dozen mowing accounts and am taking over 200+ fertilizing/weed control properties ini 2012. I currently use gk pro to do my mowing invoicing at end of the month... but it seems after some research it won't be as easy dealing with the setting up of fertilizer rounds.

The company I work with uses realgreen, which I don't want to pay that much. I need something that will allow me to just use the software for reports as I don't want to use quickbooks. And also would like to print up invoices and leave them at the door when I do the application. With realgreen the best thing is when you print up from invoice section after selecting a round/application it would not pull up anymore. Is this a feature in serviceautopilot? I am looking at the $59 per month which I think should include everything......At least I have till March.....:confused:

t608
12-16-2011, 11:40 PM
With realgreen the best thing is when you print up from invoice section after selecting a round/application it would not pull up anymore. Is this a feature in serviceautopilot?

I watched a couple demo videos and from what I understand SA will notify you when the invoices are ready to send out. It's called automated invoicing. overall sa looks really good but I can't see paying $80 plus a month if you get all the extras.

mklawncarewi
12-16-2011, 11:49 PM
I watched a couple demo videos and from what I understand SA will notify you when the invoices are ready to send out. It's called automated invoicing. overall sa looks really good but I can't see paying $80 plus a month if you get all the extras.

Here's where I'm confused. I need to basically print the invoices I want to take. After I print would like those to not show up as to do anymore. Do those lawns leaving the invoice at the door. Then entering it in as serviced so it knows money is due. SA able to do this? With groundskeeper I am really having trouble to find a friendly way to do this.

mklawncarewi
12-16-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm going to sign up for jobber too and try it out for 30 days. I just need to make sure it has reports for gross income, sales tax collected etc.

t608
12-16-2011, 11:50 PM
I think alocet the company that makes qx and lm has changed their business plan. I don't know if this is a good but this tells me that they weren't making any money so they need a new plan.

Lm site is now forward over to the qx site so they are not offering lm any more. And alocet is now method integration. I guess you can make your own that works with quickbooks.

t608
12-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Here's where I'm confused. I need to basically print the invoices I want to take. After I print would like those to not show up as to do anymore. Do those lawns leaving the invoice at the door. Then entering it in as serviced so it knows money is due. SA able to do this? With groundskeeper I am really having trouble to find a friendly way to do this.

I don't know. But I think it doesn't get invoiced until the job is completed, but then again I thought I heard you can leave the invoice on the job when you are done. I do know if sa doesn't have an option you are looking for, if they think other people can benefit from it they will add it.

mklawncarewi
12-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't know. But I think it doesn't get invoiced until the job is completed, but then again I thought I heard you can leave the invoice on the job when you are done. I do know if sa doesn't have an option you are looking for, if they think other people can benefit from it they will add it.

Ok I'll have to look into it more. Thank you for your help. If anyone else reading this knows let me know! Are there people using service autopilot for fertilization/weed applications?

gardenkeeper88
12-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm going to sign up for jobber too and try it out for 30 days. I just need to make sure it has reports for gross income, sales tax collected etc.

I was told by Sam (co owner from Jobber) that @ this time you still have to use an accounting software to track "net income" but they are working on maybe working into an accounting with jobber. You can track expense with a job but it doesn't deduct for sales.
I am also going to try jobber. I'm overall happy w/ QX gold but want something i can work on out on the road. I've lost some quotes coming back to the shop to put together a real nice and complete quote to someone who typed one out on word perfect but gave it to them on the spot and mine came or I dropped it off the next day. :confused:

BeachysLawn
12-17-2011, 02:00 PM

I only invoice a couple clients on a monthly basis, every one else is on auto charge with their card, but I know that SA will preprint invoices based on a monthly contract. The service continue showing up as a 'to do' until you mark it complete.

You'll probably get a better answer by simply calling them.

demaslandscaping@live.com
11-27-2014, 02:50 PM
can you send me sample what you created to my email demaslandscaping@gmail.com

TurfWizardllc
12-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Good afternoon Everyone! Hope everybody had a great and safe holiday weekend. I understand that most everyone is looking for a reliable scheduling software system on here. TurfWizard will integrate with any smart phone or tablet and gives you the option to print. We are very affordable compared to the other systems out there and offer all features at no extra cost. We have a system you can test drive if you want before signing up for a 30 day trial with info pre-loaded. Go check it out and let me know what you guys out there in the field think. I am more than happy to help with anything you guys need!

jshardy
12-20-2014, 09:40 PM
I have been using Turf Wizard since January 2014. Neil and the guys at Turf Wizard have made some great improvements to this program. It schedules, routes, interfaces with quickbooks and much more. It used take me 8 hours to do month end billing now I do it in less than hour.