PDA

View Full Version : Echo 260S - Be Careful

SamIV
09-20-2002, 11:04 PM
My 260S String trimmer is only 6 months old. It has very diminished power. Had the carburetor worked on 2 times already. Now it has been replaced with a new carburetor which is different and supposedly an update. This did not help.

Mechanic checked for leaks and also the clutch. Both ok. It will not cut tall grass and has an extemely hard time edging. Dealer called Echo a week ago with no response.

I know I posted a little on this before. Just thought I'd enlighten anyone considering buying this model.

Sam

Green Pastures
09-20-2002, 11:50 PM
I have the old 2601 and love it, but I bought a new 260S for a spare and for when I get a helper. It's never run right, something to do with the new carb. to comply with EPA regs :mad:

Scott

gravedigger5
09-21-2002, 12:00 AM
thanks guys, I was considering this model to purchase before next season. Will definently do some more research before buying one. Keep us posted on what you find out. Marc

1stclasslawns
09-21-2002, 12:02 AM
Mine had the same problem, the solution was a bearing in the head. I o\put the head off a 5 year old one and its fine.

just a thought

Jim

CHAN
09-21-2002, 01:34 AM
I had the same problem and i took it to the dealer he adjusted the carb said that should do it got back to work in heavy grass did the same thing. Took to another dealer he said same thing try it if it dont work we replace the carb. didnt work. I took the spark arrester off and it ran and worked better than it ever had. See if that will clear up the problem or maybe the muffler is stoped up on it. Oh did the same on my Husky too and it fixed it too. It is a little screen at the exit of the muffler.
Later
Chan

SamIV
09-21-2002, 09:10 AM
Screen has been out for a month. Exhaust is ok also. Will mention the bearing part to the dealer on Monday. Thanks all.
Will get back with you early as I can.

Sam