PDA

View Full Version : Demoed a Hustler Walkbehind - fantastic machine

DLS1
09-21-2002, 12:08 AM
I finally demoed a Hustler 36" walkbehind to see I like the controls versus Exmark ECS controls. No contest. Hustler motorcycle grips to go forward and backward and angle the handle to go left or right was very easy and confortable to operate. Forget Exmark ECS controls. This machine cuts fantastic and just as good as the hyped Exmark on this site by a few.

I know I will be buying Hustler but I am still waiting for the Gatemaster. The place I got the Hustler to demo doesn't think the Gatemaster will be out until Spring which I am beginning to believe since Hustler doesn't even have a clue what the price will be yet even though they are suppose to be out in December or January.

The only negative I have seen so far is the controls are to tight/touchy. You barely move forward or backward and it goes to fast. It needs to have a little play in the controls but maybe that is adjustable or I need to get used to it.

The 36" didn't have a trim offset outside of one of the wheels which is another reason to wait for the Gatemaster.

All in all a very smooth, easy to operate, well built machine. I will be waiting for the Gatemaster before I buy and hopefully it will be out before the mowing season starts next spring.