PDA

View Full Version : Yazoo/Kees

xi_bowhunter
09-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Do any of you use a Yazoo/Kees z? I am looking at purchasing a Z and an new 61" 25 hp is $6800. Looking for some advice on this machine.

Grasshog
09-21-2002, 12:18 AM
I know nuttin about the z"s. Do have a 36" WB kees. 7 years old. Nuttin wrong with it. Like it buch.

Didnt huskey buy ouy Kees?

Keith
09-21-2002, 12:59 AM
I have one, what kinda info are you looking for? Mine is a 1999 model with 1520 hours on it. It has been a pretty good machine.

xi_bowhunter
09-21-2002, 09:49 AM
Performance? Any problems? I just haven't heard very much about this brand and they are new in our area. Wondering if I should spend more money and buy more popular brand.

Keith
09-21-2002, 01:31 PM
I've had no real trouble out of it. A battery and a PTO clutch and that's about it. It is pretty similar to the Lazer and that's why I bought it. I didn't really care for the Exmark dealers and this was close to what I was looking for. It's still on the original belts too :eek: They do need to be changed though. The factory tires sucked, I changed them pretty quickly.

My only real complaints are the parts availablity, and that hasn't really been a problem. As long as that part doesn't have to come from Kees, the dealers seem to have it in stock. When it has been necessary to get something, alot of the time Exmark parts (or others) are direct swaps.

Here's a list of the little stuff I can remember replacing:

Tires: Came from tire store
Parking Brake safety switch: Kees dealer in stock
Rubber cover on lift lever: Kees dealer, took two weeks
Hydro Filter: Used a Toro part, Kees dealer didn't stock
Anti-scalp rollers: Ordered through J. Thomas-Exmark part
Idler pivot bushing: Kees dealer, had to be ordered, took three weeks
Clutch: Dealer had it in stock, but the same as most popular brands.

As far as the cut goes, it's better than anything we had before it. It's fast enough and the 25 Kohler has been perfect. I did add the heavy-duty Nelson filter setup though. Now the answer you are looking for :) Would I buy one again? I don't know. For $6800 it's a good deal. However we are looking at an EFI Lazer now.

Bunton Guy
09-21-2002, 03:43 PM
The ones I had seen looked to have to small of rims and tires for a 60" deck and many other parts looked under powered and to small. You get what you pay for.

xi_bowhunter
09-21-2002, 07:45 PM
thanks for the info, Keith