PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Wins Again

SellingIron
03-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Who wants some bobcat kool-Aid.. Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcatCompany/?_ref=211bacpemfpe&j=23194497&e=timwellman@hotmail.com&l=3245797_HTML&u=222859090&mid=10042028&jb=0

Don't try this on the bobcat loader......LOL:laugh:

SellingIron
03-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Another youtube link. Theres 5 or 6 new test for CTL's..

http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcatCompany/?_ref=211bacpemfpe&j=23194497&e=timwellman@hotmail.com&l=3245797_HTML&u=222859090&mid=10042028&jb=0#p/c/E4BF805D99093275/0/RYEQmiTuyjU

Digdeep
03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Pretty much what I expected....much like the "smack" that JD spewed.

If you can't fix it, feature it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bobcat_ron
03-18-2011, 02:45 PM
That's some good cool aid for shizzle, but I still like having a giant cab with a roll up door and no plastic crap in the cab.

Jelinek61
03-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I love how the company who makes the video always wins........weird

ksss
03-18-2011, 05:04 PM
I look forward to seeing the cab pressurization test with a CASE cab.

SellingIron
03-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Do not try this with your bobcat loader... That is great...:laugh:

bobcat_ron
03-19-2011, 09:32 AM
My Dad told me last night he had tried out a Bobcat E50 after dropping off his rental S630, he was amazed how far Bobcat had come, he now says he would buy a Bobcat mini if his Hitachi bites the dust, he was really impressed with everything, not very often a 65 year old coot will like everything and every feature on a Bobcat.

Giles_uk
03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
unless you are a diehard brand fan no one believes these tests my manufacturers anyone with a vested interest in a test shouldnt be conducting it, they pick their strong points ignore their weak points, pick tests rivals that dont surpass what they know the results will be before the test, so they dont have say a case or jcb or terex machine in the tests.

only test worth taking note of are independent ones from magazines like (european examples) profi or earthmovers when they do comaprison test im guessing you have similar ones but also depends on the credibility of the magazine as advertising revenue can influence some.

ksss
03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
unless you are a diehard brand fan no one believes these tests my manufacturers anyone with a vested interest in a test shouldnt be conducting it, they pick their strong points ignore their weak points, pick tests rivals that dont surpass what they know the results will be before the test, so they dont have say a case or jcb or terex machine in the tests.

only test worth taking note of are independent ones from magazines like (european examples) profi or earthmovers when they do comaprison test im guessing you have similar ones but also depends on the credibility of the magazine as advertising revenue can influence some.

We have had this conversation over the years, but I think a dirt mag that ran REAL articles on equipment would sell. I mean head to head competitions with real operators, objective testing of machines and not company reps spewing canned dialog. I would see it much like Motor Trend or Car and Driver.

At this point in given the state of the North American dirt market, probably not gonna happen, but I think its time will come. I get every dirt mag rag that I know and they are all largely the same. However this type of mag would be worth reading.

Jelinek61
03-19-2011, 04:15 PM
We have had this conversation over the years, but I think a dirt mag that ran REAL articles on equipment would sell. I mean head to head competitions with real operators, objective testing of machines and not company reps spewing canned dialog. I would see it much like Motor Trend or Car and Driver.

At this point in given the state of the North American dirt market, probably not gonna happen, but I think its time will come. I get every dirt mag rag that I know and they are all largely the same. However this type of mag would be worth reading.

That would be cool, most of the magazines that we have are the free subscription ones like equipment world, equipment today, TCIA, etc....They are all OEM generated adds and they all seem to have "best in class everything" kinda like a car commercial on tv. It would be nice to see some actual companies demo pieces of equipment and then be able to write a review.

YellowDogSVC
03-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Could have a been a little less condescending in the report... "just the facts Ma'am". I didn't see CASE as KSSS pointed out. I have sat in the new pressurized cab for Bobcat. It certainly (appears) to be a better seal than my CAT C series or my K series Bobcat but only time and running a mulcher in drought stricken S. Central Texas will tell for sure.. My K series, while not dust-free by any stretch of the imagination, is fairly comfortable even in the summer. A major improvement on that will make someone like me seriously consider an upgrade.

JDSKIDSTEER
03-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Who wants some bobcat kool-Aid.. Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcatCompany/?_ref=211bacpemfpe&j=23194497&e=timwellman@hotmail.com&l=3245797_HTML&u=222859090&mid=10042028&jb=0

Don't try this on the bobcat loader......LOL:laugh:

I did not have time to watch the other videos you linked, but they were on the money on the top of the Deere door. I am working with someone on a better seal now, but Deere need to fix that weld seam. *trucewhiteflag* I see a redesign when they update engines in 2012.

SellingIron
03-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Bobcat did the same thing JD did with the smackdown. (Point out a weakness)

If you want a pressureized cab, This points out which brands not to buy.

AWJ Services
03-20-2011, 01:21 PM

It always starts out as non objective but as popularity increases then so does manufacturer finacial support? Remember Consumer Reports? at one time it was the Holy Grail! It is not worth anything now.

It has happened with the auto industry, ATV's etc etc.

The finances needed for this kind of test would be staggering. You would have to test the units in numerous regions just to get a fair comparrison.
You would also have to get all units from dealer stock to ensure that the units are not tinkered with my manufacturers.LOL
Trust me it happens.

Giles_uk
03-20-2011, 02:15 PM
We have this one in uk http://www.earthmoversmagazine.co.uk/ some example articles but doesn't tend to do head to heads, then we have profi which is agricultural tractors and machinery. It's german/uk based but highly regarded and tests are all conducted at the dlg station which is like the official german state testing centre. They dyno tractors to test hp and pull a test truck to test drawbar strength etc. It's highly respected and trusted they run huge head to heads like 12 tractors at once or loaders etc. And they have a used section where they pick a tractor say jd6910 list 3 different second hand examples their price Market trend good and bad points and what to inspect etc very good magazine.

http://profi-epaper.de/epaper/ebook.php
Posted via Mobile Device