PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Silverado has no tail running lights HELP!

intrigue12
03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Hey Guys. I have a 1990 Silverado 1500. I am having a problem getting my running lights in the tails to come on when I turn the headlights on. I have brake lights when I hit the brakes. I also have rear left and right signals. I have front driver side signal. But I have no passanger side front left signal.

So I have no passanger side front turn signal and I have no tail running lights. Any ideas? I checked the bulbs and the fuses. All look good. Any guidance would be appreciated. thanks!

mowerbrad
03-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Start going through the wires. My old truck (1998 GMC 2500) had the same problem with the tail lights. I had every other light working...brake lights, reverse lights, rear turn signals...everything except rear running lights.

It ended up being a wiring problem, pretty quick fix once the problem wire was found.

intrigue12
03-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I hooked up the trailer to see if I was goin to also have no running lights. However all the lights are working on the trailer. Why would I still have no truck rear running lights. Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

RigglePLC
03-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Check the bulbs, especially in front. Sounds like a broken or corroded wire. I think the taillight wire is brown. Since both are bad, let's assume the fault is in front of the split-off.

93Chevy
03-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Check the rear harness, where the main wires come back from the cab and split off to both tail lights at the back of the truck.