PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Tank on SCAG TurfTiger

TaylorLawn
09-21-2002, 08:03 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with the hydraulic tank leaking from the connections on the SCAGs?? I seem to think the design is a bit awkward where the hose is connected to the tank, it appears that a 90 degree connection there would have been a better route, there appears to be quite a bit of pressure being put on that connection the way it is from the factory, especially it being a plastic tank. I asked the dealer about it and I was told that if I manipulated the design (which would be simple and do no harm), that my warranty would be voided. Well, they are replacing it for me and I guess I can expect a leak in about a month.....Thanks..ET

Shady Brook
09-21-2002, 08:17 AM
Yeah, mine seeps at the connection by the tank as well. I am not to thrilled with my Tiger Hydro system having lost both pumps in two years, and multiple hydropump seals. Not saying it is Scag's fault, just not thrilled.

Jay

mklawnman
09-21-2002, 09:49 PM
Yeah mine has a slow leak too. I would whipe the hose off with a rag making it as clean as possible and by the end of the week you would notice the hose covered in dirt that stuck to the oil that leaks, ive checked my hydro fluid level and it seems fine so i would say its like a very very slow leak to none, if it gets worse im taking it in to get fixed. Other than that no hydro problems on it with 390hrs on it.
Matt