PDA

View Full Version : 2003 models???

bjw
09-21-2002, 07:29 PM
When will the 2003 units be announced? I understand you will be offering some additional engine options. I have demoed your Z and Super Z and feel it will be my next purchase. However, I have had less than good experiences with the Kow. engines, not interested in Honda but would probably buy with the Kohler in a heartbeat.

Artman
09-23-2002, 10:13 AM
I've heard rumors of a Kohler engine on the Z. Nothing definite. There will be a 27-hp water cooled Kawasaki this Spring for sure.

wattsup
10-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Is the 27hp Kawi Super Z a definite for the spring or not? My dealer said he has not heard anything about it. I want to buy one, but I am waiting for the liquid coooled. Thank you.

mowerconsultant
10-03-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Artman
There will be a 27-hp water cooled Kawasaki this Spring for sure.

chariot
12-13-2002, 12:42 AM
Will there be new engine options on the walkbehinds for 2003? I was looking at the 54" and was dissapointed to see the largest engine available was 17HP. More would be great. Thanks for reply.

P&J Lawncare
12-13-2002, 05:35 AM
Forget the rumors, I need to know if the kohler's will be availible in the spring. I had planned on buying a couple more super z's in the spring (before April) and I am only interested in the kohler motor. I think that the super z is the best mower availible but the kawasaki is just to sensitive (dust). I will be forced to buy something else this spring if I don't get a definite answer to when the kohlers will be availible. If you need a super z for testing with the kohler engine I would be happy to do it for you, you supply the engine and I will do the rest.

Doc Pete
12-13-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by chariot
Will there be new engine options on the walkbehinds for 2003? I was looking at the 54" and was dissapointed to see the largest engine available was 17HP. More would be great. Thanks for reply.

With the upgrades I've done to my Hustler 54 WB, including a 23 kaw and new larger drive tires, the 54 "would" be the best by far WB on the market. So, the best WB is availble, but will Hustler offer it?????
Pete

Artman
12-13-2002, 05:43 PM
I just got the scoop: Kohler engines will be available on the Hustler Z in March. More info to follow.

P&J Lawncare
12-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the update.

Doc Pete
12-14-2002, 05:08 PM
I just got the scoop: Kohler engines will be available on the Hustler Z in March. More info to follow.

Just wondering, the original question was asking about the WB's and not the Riders. Any reason why you haven't offered any info on " THEIR" motor/tire updates, but only the riders????
Thanks,
Pete

P&J Lawncare
12-15-2002, 02:36 AM
Switchless you better go back and read this thread from the beginning, BJW started this thread asking about 2003 models but his question was about the motors in the z and super z so the original question has been answered.

chariot
12-15-2002, 12:51 PM
So, does this mean they will offer Kohlers on the walkbehinds? Maybe atleast a 20HP model.

Artman
12-16-2002, 06:37 PM
We are still prototyping the new walk-behinds. Final engine selections have not been made. What do you want to see?

JLC
12-16-2002, 07:04 PM
I'd like to see a 23 or 25 horse option. Preferably with a Kohler...but I'd take a Kawasaki.

Spring growth+54 inch deck+Pulling a proslide+hills (even slight) = Needs more horsepower.

Doc Pete
12-16-2002, 11:03 PM
We are still prototyping the new walk-behinds. Final engine selections have not been made. What do you want to see?
Just equality:p We want the same power the Z's have, since the 54" is as big, or bigger than some Z's. Also, all of us are either prosilding, Velking or Bullriding the 54, so we want the "beef", err horsepower.;)
And, while your at it, since we want to mow at 9 mph like the Z's, just take the 8" rims you "already" have for the fasttrack, and add some 20" turfmate "softy tires", to adsorb the bumps, and we'll be happy as "pigs in the mud".
I know you guy's can do it, I've be doing it for the past year........ Let's go...................
Thanks,
Pete
PS..... If you'd let me know how to post my pics (since it never works), I'll let you see what the Z killer I've been rider for last year looks like tires, motor and all.............

PaulJ
12-17-2002, 01:03 AM
I would like to see something bigger than 17HP on a 48 in deck. Alot of companies offer 21-23-25 HP for 52 decks but only 15 or 17 on the 48's. Pust a 20 hp or larger on a 48" and then you have somthing.

I agree withpete that a lot of people are running mulch kits or double blades, and pulling sulkies and don't want to be slowed down.

chariot
12-18-2002, 12:58 AM
I would say 20HP minimum. Somewhere around 23 would be ideal. Kohler option would be great. I am currently running another brand, 52" 20HP and would not be happy with anything less. More is better, especially in Spring growth. Since you are still prototyping does this mean that we will not likely see anything new in the Spring in time for the new season.

Clay
12-24-2002, 12:30 AM
I would love a BIG engine on a small mulching deck... (a 24hp Honda would work... yes) I had a 37" toro with 20hp Kohler and it was a great setup, but I would occasionally still bog in down while mulching.... Mulching takes a lot of torque.. plus would like it to pull a proslide...

Thanks,
Clay
Grass Masters

Darb
12-25-2002, 08:59 PM
I agree... I love too much power.

Oh... I also want a GateMaster. From the pics that thing looked sweet.

Doc Pete
12-25-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Darb
I agree... I love too much power. .

Now if it was too much power, it would be "too much". ;) ;) All we want is "enough power" to run high lift doubles/ gators, at full rpm without slowing down, and mow as fast as we want. Hey, it's our money, and I'm willing to spend it on good equipment.
Pete

mowerconsultant
12-27-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by chariot

Nothing can be told right now.

The product is in deveolpment.
We are looking at many engines, and when the choices have been made we will inform everyone here at LS first.

Hope this helps
Pj