PDA

View Full Version : Side load side dump landscape truck bed

THEENER
03-20-2011, 04:33 PM
I've been in the landscape business for the last nine years and it's been great. Taking care of the debris(grass clippings-brush etc.) was a problem though. Throwing that stuff on to a truck -or off it- or both was going to be a problem so i came up with this simple idea and have used it for several years, testing and refining. It was such a good idea that i had it patented and am about to start taking orders. What do you crazy grass monkeys think.

doubleedge
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
How much does it cost? If you open it when it is nearly full, does grass spill out the loading side? Overall, it appears as if it would work quite well.

THEENER
03-20-2011, 07:28 PM
When you open the loading side with a full load some does drop down but it is not an issue. I can load it clear to the top. The idea is that you have to lift the bed once in a while to shift the load to the left side. I can put about 4 walker loads of clippings on there and the cycle time is minimal. No prices on this site. I'll pm you

Grasskeepers
04-12-2011, 01:58 AM
pm me a price too

forbidden
04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I would think that for some of us on rather limited width streets that the drop down part may not be in our best interest. Has it been an issue for you yet? I was working on an a similar idea that would have involved dumping the walkers hopper beside the truck and using a truck mounted debris loader to blow it all into the dump box. I think you have a great idea no matter what.

THEENER
04-14-2011, 09:13 AM
i would think that for some of us on rather limited width streets that the drop down part may not be in our best interest. Has it been an issue for you yet? I was working on an a similar idea that would have involved dumping the walkers hopper beside the truck and using a truck mounted debris loader to blow it all into the dump box. I think you have a great idea no matter what.

the debris door has not really been an issue. I have some really narrow streets in the old part of boise, idaho where i can let it down into their driveway if i have to. If the property is fairly small my walker doesn't fill anyhow so i go on to the next property before dumping. Thank you for your interest

cutbetterthanyou
04-15-2011, 07:45 AM
You should make a video to show us all the bed in action.

THEENER
04-15-2011, 09:01 AM
You should make a video to show us all the bed in action.

you can go to my website at theenerbuilt.com i did the picture taking myself so give me a critic. i'm sure i need one. thanks for the interest

calvinslawnservices
04-15-2011, 05:47 PM
One thing I noticed, The lines on the bottom of the bed get pinched when you put the bed back down. It wouldn't take long to wear thru the line. But other than that great looking product, wish I had the money for one.

JFGauvreau
04-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Very impressive and efficient, great work.

eaglescout1993
04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
What size truck does this size require?
Could one be made for 1/2ton trucks?

THEENER
04-16-2011, 11:10 AM
One thing I noticed, The lines on the bottom of the bed get pinched when you put the bed back down. It wouldn't take long to wear thru the line. But other than that great looking product, wish I had the money for one.

nice observation. i changed that. on the newer truck beds there will be stainless steel tubing and bulk head connections to clean up the design. also i will do away with the expanded aluminium and install 1/8 inch plastic on the inside and aluminium on the outside to give it a cleaner look and to put your larger adds on. price will be the same. i'm having one built as a demo now and will post pictures when its done. thanks for you interest.

THEENER
04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
What size truck does this size require?
Could one be made for 1/2ton trucks?

get me your truck model , cab to axel length and deired width and height and i can build to order. i'm having one made right now that would fit a 1/2 ton dimension but you would have to up your spring capacity to at least a heavy 3/4 ton spec.

MLC404
05-06-2011, 10:33 PM
pm price please