PDA

View Full Version : MAC SOFTWARE - Thread dedicated to it!

BrendonTW
03-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Please list any software you use on your macs for the green industry, and the purpose of that software. This will be a good resource, and hopefully will help me find some more options.

sfddelta1
03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
We are going with service auto pilot this year it's web based and will work with Mac. We are switching to Mac as well

E
Posted via Mobile Device

octopusapp
03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
A web-service is a great way to go; there really is no reason to be using desktop software for business management any more unless you don't have reliable access to the internet. With a web-service you don't have to worry about installing or upgrading software, compatibility, backing up your data, or your computer crashing.

My company also offers a great web service solution specifically geared towards the on-site service industries. It's brand new and has the benefit of being based on newer, more robust technology than most of our competition. Our focus was on developing a product that's powerful but still very easy to set up and use. Also, you'll find that our pricing is much more reasonable than the other options out there.

Check it out at http://www.octopusapp.com. There are no contracts or commitments, and we have a 30 day free trial. Use the discount code 496LAWNSITE15 when you sign up to get 15% off your first three months after the free trial.

Let me know if you have any questions about the software, or even just web based software in general.

Sam
sam@octopusapp.com | www.octopusapp.com

mow-pros
03-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Go with Service Autopilot. Its the best green industry software out there and it Works great on Macs and PC's

Seabreeze
01-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Can service auto pilot sync with quickbooks online when using a mac?

jbell36
01-21-2013, 06:37 PM

i'm almost sure that is a yes...and their customer support is apparently top notch, so they would be able to tell you the definite answer...as of right now, we are content with using gopher, parallels, and my macbook pro...i think we will inevitably switch to Service Auto Pilot in the future, but it's expensive...i understand that you pay for what you get, and SAP in my opinion, and years of research really, is the best out there, but it was around $130 or so per month, gopher was a one time $200 and i will never have to pay an extra dime, that's kind of a hard pill to swallow...i understand it does a LOT more than gopher, it's just an additional expense i don't want to pay for right now if we don't have to

CLS_Birmingham
01-21-2013, 08:59 PM

Contract Jonathan, owner of SAP. I just switched over and from what I've gathered you won't be able to use the auto sync with QB online, but I'm thinking you should be able to via importing and exporting data (Pain in the ass I know). But double check on that because I could be wrong.

As for Mac based, all online software is the way to go. I just converted my company over to SAP for the exact reason of being able to use my Macbook for everything. I still have QB PC for accounting/tax purposes, but I run everything else via my Macbook/Iphone.