PDA

View Full Version : Price check and opinions

srl28
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Looking at a John Deere 35D, open cab, hydraulic JD thumb, 24inch bucket, good tracks, 455 original hours. Machine is very very clean. Can get it for $20,500

Good deal?

Any opinions on this machine? Would be used for landscape purposes

ksss
03-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Sure sounds like a good deal.

P.Services
03-21-2011, 12:51 PM
That's a pretty good price. A cab would be nice though.......
Posted via Mobile Device

AdvLandscapeLLC
03-21-2011, 01:30 PM
You tell yourself at first, i dont need a cab its just a comfort but holy hell what a difference. I wouldnt trade my cab for anything, it makes the day so much nicer and easier to work in all weather conditions comfortably.

ksss
03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
You tell yourself at first, i dont need a cab its just a comfort but holy hell what a difference. I wouldnt trade my cab for anything, it makes the day so much nicer and easier to work in all weather conditions comfortably.

I learned the hard way as well. Worth every penny, no matter what it costs. When you factor in the added resale when you trade or sell, you realize that it costs very little to be comfortable.

srl28
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I definately understand the beauty and what not of a cab. However, this seems like an awesome deal. We do mainly landscape/hardscape so its nice for an operator to hop in and out of the cab easy and from 2 sides to adjust a stone, step, attachment, etc. Most of our work is done during the warmer months as well. Trust me I know cabs are nice but I feel this is almost too good of a deal to pass up...????

fordsrule
03-22-2011, 01:31 PM
We have a 35D at work. It is a nice machine, runs great and seems to have plenty of power digging. We have the hydraulic thumb also wich is very nice. We have the cab with heat/ac, and a radio which is surprising seeing as our boss doesnt beleive in AC or radios. After running a machine with cab I realy dislike using our older gray market machine with no cab. If you dont mind not haveing a cab it will make you a great machine

bobcat_ron
03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
It's a steal, cab or canopy, and it's a Hitachi!
Posted via Mobile Device

srl28
03-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Yea just the canopy, which I'm ok with. Honestly doesnt bother me much and I've owned/ used both.

I think its a great deal. Think I'll go for it. I like the thumb on it too, JD thumb, standard quick attach. Just seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

JDSKIDSTEER
03-22-2011, 07:44 PM
That is a great deal. I hust sold one for 28k. Long Arm and thumb.