PDA

View Full Version : New Fertilization Contracts

Texas Landscaper
09-22-2002, 12:47 PM
My company is an established landscape company based in Heath Texas. I have hired a licensed applicator, and I am in the process of trying to get a "chemical division" established. I have bought a truck, spray rig, equipment, etc... Now I am trying to gain market share and reach potential customers in the Dallas Ft-Worth area. How would you guys go about trying to increase your sales in fertilization, tree/shrub care etc... My guy is really good, has a degree in horticulture, aquatic license etc... We have gotten signs put on the truck and spray rig. We are having some tri-fold brochures made up. We have gotten business cards, phone etc... We are ready to roll, need customers...Ideas?
EWynn0262@aol.com

Turfdude
09-22-2002, 01:47 PM
There is a company who will assist you w/ a photo brochure drive campaign. I don't remember their name as it's been awhile since a competitor/friend of mine used them (approx 5 years). He was in the same position you're currently in. I belive he got approx. 450-500 accounts from the mass mailing. If this is the response you're looking for, it is one way to go. Depending on your employee's ability, he should be able to service close to 600 accounts himself as long as the accounts are properly routed.

Bob

tremor
09-22-2002, 01:54 PM
One of the most unique marketting ideas I've seen lately involved the use of paper coffee cups.

This customer of mine got together with the most popular delis in his town. He buys all their paper coffee cups with the deli's name on one side, and his business name (really BIG) on the other.

Next years cups will have both names on each side, one above the other. This way each name is always visible.

When I was still in Lawn Care, we did 90% of our good sales after folks got home or on the weekends by speaking with them either on the phone or (much better) face to face on their own lawns.

Just a couple thoughts.

Steve

greensummer
09-22-2002, 02:28 PM
www.growpro.com;)

LAWNGODFATHER
09-22-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by greensummer
www.growpro.com;)

That would be www.gropro.com

ant
09-22-2002, 10:59 PM
lgf... your link does not work..
anthony

1MajorTom
09-22-2002, 11:07 PM
The first link is correct. It just didn't work because it had a semi-colon after it.

www.growpro.com

Bunton Guy
09-22-2002, 11:18 PM
TURFDUDE : How many direct mailers did your friend send out to get that 400+ accounts ? Was that all in one shot or over a period of many many years ? Which brochure did he use ? let us know some more info that is interesting.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-23-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
The first link is correct. It just didn't work because it had a semi-colon after it.

www.growpro.com

I messed up retyping it without the semi-colon, sorry.

Texas Landscaper
09-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the ideas. I liked that web-site, had some interesting products available. We are in a unique position here in Heath, there is one company that is dominating the market, and I know we will be providing much better service than them, so to me the key is how to get that message out to the public. We are trying to build this business from the ground up and are looking to capitalize on my applicators background and education. EWYNN0262@aol.com

Turfdude
09-24-2002, 09:03 PM
I believe my friend did 3 towns easily 20,000+. The color mailer was a little bigger than the one mentioned - I believe the title was something like "the grass is always a little greener ... with his company name, etc)

Bob