PDA

View Full Version : Yard tear out and Redo

OrangeToys
03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Need a little help in whats the best method to tear out the current yard (sod) and replacing with new? I have laid sod before just not with having to tear out the existing yard. It's all in the front yard too.

There's irrigation and the heads will be marked clearly.

I'm esitmating about 6 pallets of sod.

I can't get pics to load for some reason.

CSL&L
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
sod cutter, remove sod, fine grade soil, water, fertilize, lay sod, water.

LoweJ82
03-22-2011, 01:19 AM

and really stress the need to water, water and more water to the HO

tlc1994
03-22-2011, 01:47 AM
I would add a soil test in after you remove the sod. Should be near the 6.0-7.0 range. IF not, lime and fertilize accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smallaxe
03-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Need a little help in whats the best method to tear out the current yard (sod) and replacing with new? I have laid sod before just not with having to tear out the existing yard. It's all in the front yard too.

There's irrigation and the heads will be marked clearly.

I'm esitmating about 6 pallets of sod.

I can't get pics to load for some reason.

The quickest and simplest is with a sod cutter, but that is still a lot of work... Can you take the time to kill the grass and till it up with the necessary ammendments?

Patriot Services
03-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I agree. If you are not licensed get a CPO to nuke it for you 2 weeks prior to laying. Why remove topsoil if you don't have too. I have my cutter adjusted to chop the top layer as opposed to cutting under it. After that its rake and remove. This method also fluffs up the soil giving me something to level out.
Posted via Mobile Device