PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillars OTR Truck

Jelinek61
03-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Caterpillar released their new over the road truck today. They partnered with international/navistar. I guess they will be sold exclusively at CAT equipment dealers.

They have a video of them unvailing it on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fos34ZgRMc&feature=feedlik

ioilyouin
03-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Foolhardy. Guys says on video, " (Cat) bringin out products like this that fits those niches.". Has he never seen a tri-axle before? Does he live under a rock? Is Cat circling the drain? Trying to enter the highway market seems crazy? Didn't Cat get out of the highway engine market a few years back? And when those spokesmodel closes the door at the end of the video it has the same hollow sound as my 7400 International. Which only makes sense since this is a partnership. What makes this truck stand out from the pack? It you want to go around and tout Cat, go buy a hat!

bobcat_ron
03-22-2011, 09:20 AM
What a joke, Cat truck, Cat price tag.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I think we both know your brother has ordered 2 already
Posted via Mobile Device

bobcat_ron
03-23-2011, 08:18 PM
I think we both know your brother has ordered 2 already
Posted via Mobile Device

Tchaaa, no, he's already got an order for a Volvo with I-Shift for this Summer.

stuvecorp
03-24-2011, 12:44 AM
I beat on Cat any chance I get but think that the new truck kinda looks cool. It would have made a lot more sense to me if it had a Cat motor(stupid emissions rules...).

Jelinek61
03-24-2011, 03:39 PM
I like the look of the it. Kinda reminds me of a Mack Granite or Titan.