PDA

View Full Version : Self destructing Bobcat fuel pickup

tallrick
03-22-2011, 02:30 AM
I have experienced this myself for the first time. While operating my old 763 helping a friend it stalled. The fuel filter had air in it. So I suspected the fuel pickup line, but I had purchased the pickup screen and hose from a Bobcat dealer ( first time for me). Generally when the fuel pickup failed I would solder a copper line to a brass 90 degree fitting and stuff it in the grommet. I purchased this in December 2009. When I pulled the grommet from the tank I found the hose had broken, and it was dark and crumbly. I have fixed many of these by the brass/copper method, but is the OEM hose made to fail after little more than a year?

tenndigger
03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
I have a couple of 843s that we use everyday. I have had the same issues with the fuel line and pickup screen. I started using a marine grade fuel line and no more crumbling, collapsing fuel lines.

tallrick
03-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Amazing someone still can use machines as old as 843's on a daily basis! My old 843 has been sitting out back till I can get space in the garage to restore it. I thought of the marine fuel line but it was too thick to fit through the fuel tank hole.