PDA

View Full Version : Business success plan

dmk395
09-22-2002, 08:51 PM
Here is a brief version of what I am going to do. Attempt to pick up as many maintenance many accounts as possible within a 10 mile radius of shop. The key is to get in with lawn mowing, then have customers sign up for full maintenance..ie fert/pest apps, mulch, shrubs, pruning etc. The key is labor intensive repeat business, where highly skilled labor is not as necessary as with "custom" projects. The goal is to be the only contractor that sets foot on the property...allowing for us to be kept busy. Winters are slow but advertise for junk removal, basement cleanouts, firewood, limb pruning etc. Eventually displace myself from the job. What do you think I should do different?

John Allin
09-22-2002, 08:57 PM
Detail it out and impliment it religiously.

Good luck.

Randy Scott
09-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Uhh, that's what most of us try to do.

lawnworker
09-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Umm, sounds like a good plan to me. Winters are rough on us all.Good luck with your plan.

John Allin
09-22-2002, 09:22 PM
Well.... winters aren't rough on ALL of us...... just most of us....

65hoss
09-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by John Allin
Well.... winters aren't rough on ALL of us...... just most of us....

I guess some people LIVE for snow. ;)

John Allin
09-22-2002, 09:39 PM
:D

Sean Adams
09-22-2002, 10:10 PM
Does it snow in Erie? I'm sure you might have a need for a snow blower and a few shovels, right? I'd love to come up this winter and watch you in action....

Didn't mean to change the post....

I think you have a plan, and like Mr. Allin said, once you make the plan, stick to your guns. If you have laid it out and it makes sense for you financially and allows for the kind of growth you want and need, go for it.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-22-2002, 11:43 PM
Dreams are great but lets face reality.

Most of us want that.

I would change the pick up customers in your area to, pick up quality high paying customers that will buy all your services.

Pick and choose.

dr grass
09-23-2002, 03:37 AM
hey sounds like a great plan to me. as a matter of fact ive done pretty much that with most of my clients. once you have your foot in the door, they will call you whenever something "extra" needs to be done around the house. keeps us busy during slow times. and for the record .... I LOVE SNOW. some of us do like snowmobiling and snowboarding ya-know.

shep :rolleyes: