PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Flora zoysia

Greg Amann
03-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Any of you Florida guys have any experience with Ultimate Flora Zoysia?
If so, what are your thoughts good, bad, or otherwise.

Plantculture
03-22-2011, 07:51 PM
I've installed it before and have seen it in a couple of places. It takes it sweet time rooting. Make sure your grading is done very well and smooth. Its best if cut with a reel mower but can still look ok with a rotary if your surface is smooth. Don't over fertilize or else it with get puffy and don't be afraid to mow it short.
Also, its more shade tolerant than Empire for sure.

Greg Amann
03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the response Plantculture!
I didn't think I would see many.
We have treated and or watched a dozen or so lawns sodded with it. Half of those have all been resodded with either Empire or St. Augustine. The other half, anywhere from 6 months to 2 years all look between fair and crap.
It is the slowest rooting turf I have ever seen. Talked to an installer this morning and he said he rolled everyone he layed. Six months after being layed you can still pull it up. I think in the process of creating a dwarf top they created a dwarf root system.
Any other info. out there?

coiclawn
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I have a new customer that is putting in about 34k in the next week or so, I'm hoping that this turf lives up to the hype! 3#N per year and don't over water seems to be the common theme.I'm being told that this is the only zoysia that was intended for residential use. Hopefully I'm not in for a bumpy ride like meyer gives me.

bugsNbows
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Good luck. We work closely with a sod company who now refuse to get anywhere near Ultimate Flora. Apparently they had to eat (re-do) several large Ultimate Flora jobs and the sod producer was of little assistance. Needless to say, he's not a happy camper.