PDA

View Full Version : got a Vulcher mulcher, anyone else?

Wayne Offiler
09-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Saw an ad in Turf mag. so, I got some literature and a video. Impressive, so I bought one ($ 180).
However, since I already run double blades, the improvement in mulchng was negligable. It also left a windrow along the right side of the deck soon as the grass was long enough to really need mulching. The only nice feature was that it directed the clippings to the rear, so I could go around beds in either direction.
Anyway, it now is hung up in my shop.
Made in Fl. and seems to be sold mostly in the South. Maybe the southern grasses mulch better. Or, maybe it works when using single blades.
Any other users? Any advantage?

Wright Mfg
09-23-2002, 10:03 AM
Wayne, I saw that video at a tradeshow and noticed the windrow right away. Look at your video again and you'll see what I mean.

IMO you're better off using a mulch plate.

WLLD
09-23-2002, 12:36 PM
I have them on both my Scag WB and Tiger. I agree that they leave clippings, but find that they work in tight areas for keeping clippings out of gardens. I do some pretty small yards with the WB and the Vulcher definately helps. Scattering clippings from the clupms in the lawn is easier than blowing them out of mulched beds. On the Tiger I made a lever similar to the Director or Chopper and only lower it when I need to control the discharge. I am very happy with the one on the Tiger. Winter project will be to take the lever off and wire with an electric motor and switch.

Shayne

hunter
07-20-2003, 07:49 PM
anyone using the vulcher on a husqvarna? been looking and don't know if a lot of these are in use.

At least I see two people are using this mulch plate.

hunter
07-24-2003, 03:31 PM
does anyone have their phone number? their web site offers no help and they seem to be the only ones that make a plate for my husqvarna w/b. And they don't seem to answer their emails.