PDA

View Full Version : howdo you load yu bagged grass

PRECISION LC
09-22-2002, 09:57 PM
what do you use to get your grass on your truc or trailer

KLMlawn
09-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Uhm, dump the catchers in a barrel and tell my worker to go and dump it .....

LAWNGODFATHER
09-22-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by KLMlawn
Uhm, dump the catchers in a barrel and tell my worker to go and dump it .....

LMAO

I don't I leave it in the lawn where it should be.

Floridalandcare
09-22-2002, 11:25 PM
With the mowers we use today why would you bag, when you can mulch. This question has been asked numerous times on previous threads, can we please stop beating this horse

,enough is enough .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KLMlawn
09-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Well, I should have clarified my post to say "when I use catchers", which is actually only in the first and last few weeks of the season ...
The rest of the time I let it fly ......

PRECISION LC
09-22-2002, 11:47 PM
well, i have some customers that want there yard bagged year round. i dont have a problem with it because i have a walker. but i have recently perchased a 1 ton with a flat bed and i am thinking of buying a billy goat debris loader or just afix a ramp from my trailer to my truck. so this will help me and others,
thanks for all you help
kyle

Tim Canavan
09-23-2002, 12:50 AM
I have this in my maintenance agreements: any bagged grass, leaves or debris will be left on the premisis at an area designated by the owner.
That pretty much takes care of it. This way I don't have to haul it around all day and then dump it.:cool:

dr grass
09-23-2002, 03:47 AM
approximately 90% of my lawns have a dump spot somewhere nearby ( close enough to drive the mower to). if we use the vac. on a lawn with no dump spot, we will throw the debris on a tarp and dump it at the next lawn that has one.

shep

65hoss
09-23-2002, 07:46 AM
It is nutrients created by itself. We mulch it back in.

Jusmowin
09-23-2002, 08:40 AM
If I bag a yard at all itis put in a clear plastic bag and put on the curb, besides it not my grass so why should I haul it away!

walker-talker
09-23-2002, 09:12 AM
Tarp and fling here. This winter I am going to build a ramp from my trailer to my truck. I am considering a leafvac mounted at the front on the trailer though, or one that mounts on the tail gate of the truck. I really would like to see one in action before I commit to anything. The leaf vac is more costly, but could be more efficient. I would rather not collect at all, but I have a Walker and trying to get as many accounts as I can, and it that means I have to bad, then I will do so. I will weeds those accounts out once I get to where I want to be. I recently purchased a bluebird lawn comb and with it I recieved this guys scalping accounts. Big money in scalping here and with the Walker it makes the job easier.

MATT

bobbygedd
09-23-2002, 01:44 PM
wait a minute, im confused. why r we making a mountain out of a mole hill? dump the catcher in the truck, or dump the catcher in the barrel, then in the truck. building ramps? debris loaders? huh

walker-talker
09-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Precision LC uses a Walker to catch the grass. It would save time by backing the Walker onto the truck and dump. Using a leaf vac would allow you to build a large leafbox and increase your capacity. Nothing is worse, to me, than to have to leave the job to go and dump your load then come back. Plus, you have to drop your trailer and all that takes a lot of time. I think this is what he is getting at.

MATT

lasher66
09-23-2002, 04:41 PM
I just dump it in the back of my truck. I too only bag in the spring and in the fall. I know muching puts the nutrients back in the lawn and I used to be a die hard mulcher, BUT I finally purchased a vac system this year and I think my lawns look 10 times better when I bag it. The stripes look better and the lawn is clear of any debris or leaves. I picked up more customers in higher class neighborhoods too. Also in the spring time I got sick of double and triple cutting lawns to spread the clippings, then blowing it around. I used doubles last spring and that helped out alot , but I still think lawns look better bagged. I just make sure to charge the customer for dumping fees or extra time if the yard is big. Later

Lasher

Ax Man
09-23-2002, 06:20 PM
I run the ramp from trailer to truck setup for grass, and vac for leaves.
It takes too much time to suck grass, when you can simply back on the truck and dump.
I'd like a highlift dumper on the walker, but money is better in my pocket.
I haven't put together my leaf system yet for the season, but the volume of leaves pretty much keeps you from dumping them in the truck (they'll be spilling out after 10 loads) the vac loads the box to the top.
Here also, I have a few clients that require vac all season
Lots of flower beds and mulch, walks and patios so it was to much work to keep the grass out of these areas. much faster to collect it.
Plus Tru Green is there with thier truck so much that Iv'e got to take the grass away.
No worrys though, when I mix the clippings with leaves collected from the previous season I get the most awesome compost.
Great for flowerbeds, and to mix with heavy soils.
You know your client base better than we do, so take all advice with a grain of salt.

walker-talker
09-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Ax Man,

Do you have any pics of your trailer to truck ramp?

MATT