PDA

View Full Version : Swisher E4-U3000 Shindaiwa 24.5cc E4 Power Multi-Tool?

snow4me
03-23-2011, 12:57 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Swisher-Shindaiwa-trimmer-and-pole-pruner-combination-/120701963128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a65cb78

What do you guys think about this multi-tool? I'm just getting started as an LCO and for around $1,000 I can get the multi-tool head with the following attachments. I'm on a budget so this looks like it could be a great way to get started...

E4-3001 Trimmer Attachment
E4-U3002 Power Pruner Attachment
E4 Hybrid PowerBroom attachment
E4 Hybrid Cultivator attachment
E4 Hybrid Lawn Edger Attachment
E4 Hybrid Articulating Hedge Trimmer

srl28
03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I bought one with trimmer and power broom combo just to try it out. Figured for $349.00 how bad could it be. Tried it out and emailed the guy the next day to try and get more. Plenty of power, built alot like the shindaiwa. Especially for startin out, go for it.

1flipflop
03-24-2011, 07:19 AM
hi just to give some feedback of sorts,,ive personally never tried that brand,,but i never needed so many attachments ive used a redmax bc2400 for years and years,,im a part/time business with only me the employee..the bc2400 was 600$ for string trimmer and a hedge trimmer attachment only was worth every penny the some,, then if you can i used to have a stihl brand power head type for the back up stuff string trimmer hedger and edger..so i used the stihl dedicated edger same engine now for umpteen years as well too.. but imostly use the opti oil mix for the gas as the oil of choice you pay for what you get..oh yeah when i used the hedge trimmer first time was a big job residential size though overgrown viburnum the redmax went through with ease as matter of fact i made sure i asked the home owner what he thought about the job.. he said thats one hell of a machine you got there i cahrge 25 per hr to do the job was gone in three hours P.S. the redmax was a straight shaft trimmer which when you take off the gearhead and put on the shindaiwa hedger attachment becomes an extended reach trimmer i use a mantis powered hedge trimme that the engine come of and mount on those othr typers attaching units mantis brands as well i like there tiller..anyway good luck,,remember its not the money you make its the love of the job

Darryl G
07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I bought one with trimmer and power broom combo just to try it out. Figured for $349.00 how bad could it be. Tried it out and emailed the guy the next day to try and get more. Plenty of power, built alot like the shindaiwa. Especially for startin out, go for it.

That's because they're manufactured for Swisher by Shindaiwa. Looks to be the same as the 2510 power head.

newz7151
07-03-2011, 11:05 PM
That's because they're manufactured for Swisher by Shindaiwa. Looks to be the same as the 2510 power head.

Also, no longer supported after the Echo/Shindaiwa merger.

Alan0354
07-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Suppose to be exactly the same as Shindaiwa M2510. I am not sure it is that cheap a price. I think even the shindaiwa is about $369.

For a while, they were selling in Costco and on ebay very cheap, you missed the boat.

Darryl G
07-04-2011, 03:36 AM
The power heads are on Ebay now at $150....tempting but if no longer supported by Shin then that's different.

zerozero
07-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I still want a Stihl Kombi, but for the price of the Swisher I am tempted to buy one regardless of the warranty. Once I take it out of the US the warranty is gone anyway.

Does anyone know if any other brand attachments fit these? The cultivator attachment looks like the Echo. I know these are discontinued and everyone is clearing them out so some attachments are going to hard to find.

Alan0354
07-09-2011, 01:12 PM
I still want a Stihl Kombi, but for the price of the Swisher I am tempted to buy one regardless of the warranty. Once I take it out of the US the warranty is gone anyway.

Does anyone know if any other brand attachments fit these? The cultivator attachment looks like the Echo. I know these are discontinued and everyone is clearing them out so some attachments are going to hard to find.

Shindaiwa should fit. It is exactly same as M2510.

zerozero
07-09-2011, 02:21 PM
"Shindaiwa should fit. It is exactly same as M2510."

Correct, but even the Shindaiwa attachments are a rare find nowadays.

zerozero
07-09-2011, 06:33 PM
The price was just too good. So I grabbed one.

E4-U3000 Motor, 65001 trimmer, and U3002 pole pruner for us$300. Can't bet that. I am going to get a short shaft for the pruner and make this even more useful. :D If I fined a few more attachments cheap I will give up on my Stihl kombi idea, or if I purchase a Kombi I can alway resell this.

Any suggestion from Swisher E4 or Shindy M2510 users or others before I ship this thing?
Oil recommendations, etc...

Darryl G
07-09-2011, 09:36 PM
I almost bought just the powerhead since I have the other attachments already but used my cash toward a couple new pairs of Work Tunes instead. I run Opti-2 in my Shin 2500 (and everything else) with no probs. Sweet deal though...almost bought another pole pruner attachment too but it all fell into the "I want" not the "I need" category.

Alan0354
07-10-2011, 05:22 AM
"Shindaiwa should fit. It is exactly same as M2510."

Correct, but even the Shindaiwa attachments are a rare find nowadays.

Not rare here at all!!!

zerozero
07-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Any online stores? I am not in the US.

zerozero
07-18-2011, 12:16 AM
anyone know where to purchase an articulating hedge trimmer attachment for one of these?

snow4me
07-23-2011, 10:21 PM
anyone know where to purchase an articulating hedge trimmer attachment for one of these?

That is what I'm looking for too. The articulating hedge trimmer for the Shindaiwa will work on the Swisher head unit but I can't seem to find anyone selling it online.

FWIW I paid $350 for the head unit, line trimmer and pole pruner so I don't think this was a bad deal at all. I've already paid for the unit with one pruning job and the line trimmer works great without the debris guard in place. I run the string at about 4" long and cut grass faster than I ever have with any other line trimmer I've owned.

Darryl G
07-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Only problem with those pole pruners (at least for myself) is that it doesn't take much to bend those bars. But then again i'm probably doing things with it that go a bit beyond what the engineers anticipated, lol.

The articulated hedge trimmer attachments are nice but clumsier than a standard articulated hedge trimmer because they're longer...good for the tall and wide stuff for sure but you won't be using it for trimming smaller stuff the way you might with a shorter extended articulated one. Works great as a ground sythe too...trimming ground cover, ornamental grasses, deadheading flowers etc. Its about the perfect length for that kind of stuff.

Alan0354
07-24-2011, 02:12 AM
The articulated hedge trimmer attachments are nice but clumsier than a standard articulated hedge trimmer because they're longer...good for the tall and wide stuff for sure but you won't be using it for trimming smaller stuff the way you might with a shorter extended articulated one. Works great as a ground sythe too...trimming ground cover, ornamental grasses, deadheading flowers etc. Its about the perfect length for that kind of stuff.

You must have the long one. I have the short one and I use it as regular hedge trimmer for a few years. It is very controllable.

zerozero
07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
That is the plan... Buy the standard hedge trimmer attachment and the short shaft parts. Then use it with the standard shaft as a scythe and use it with the short shaft for trimming the bushes. Now if only I can find one.

Darryl G
07-26-2011, 12:40 AM
I have a dedicated short shaft Shindaiwa hedge trimmer and I guess the attachement for the multi-tool must be the long one. The short shaft is nice for hedges...you get a bit better perspective standing back a bit...I perfer to use regular hedge trimmers for the sides of hedges and shrubs, but for the tops and on the back side near buildings it's sweet. I'm up to 5 hedge trimmers now...a Shindaiwa 30 inch, an Echo 20 inch (HC-150), the Shin Extended articulated, the Shin extended articulated for my multi-tool and a cordless electric Black and Decker that lives in my tool box. I have some corded electric ones too but I never use those anymore.