PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Trimmer Trap TT-1 Users!

Scag48
09-22-2002, 11:44 PM
Hey guys. Just got my Trimmer Trap rack and put temporary vice grips on it to set it up to see where I want to mount it. Anyway, I had it set up and put those little plastic things in the hinge part that closes up to secure the grip part of the trimmer. Problem is, that when you put those little plastic things in there, when you put the trimmer in there, it won't close up all the way to latch the carabiner through.:angry: Of course they didn't tell me that in the instructions. I would like them to be in there so that the metal doesn't rub off the rubber on the handle, or does it hurt anything? Thanks guys!

TLS
09-23-2002, 01:16 PM
WHY did you buy a TT-1???

It's design is TOTALLY different than the FAR superior TT-2!

Take it back, and get the TT-2.

Problem solved.

Scag48
09-23-2002, 11:38 PM
Too late. Already mounted it. I think it's dumb how Trimmer Trap has 2 different designs. I like the TT-2 design better, but don't need to haul 4 trimmers, I only have 1. I'll just take those dumb rubber things out of there. I just hope it doesn't eat away at my rubber handle.

TLS
09-23-2002, 11:43 PM
My TT-2 has a capacity for 3 trimmers. When I first got it, I only had one string trimmer in it. Now I have it, and the stick edger. I just looked at the TT-1 and realized that it was built totally different from the TT-2.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but most of the guys touting Trimmer Trap as being far superior to others are Using the TT-2.

MikeLT1Z28
09-23-2002, 11:43 PM
the TT-2 holds 3, i use one for my stick edger. it does however eat into the handles on my stihl's. they sell something that pads the rests to solve this but mine are already worn.

PaulJ
09-23-2002, 11:51 PM
I had a similar problem. Just bent the tab in a little so that you can latch it. I actually had to bend mine out so it was tighter. I hate it when the trimmers roll around in the rack. Are you clamping around the rubber or plastic grip handle, or just around the shaft? Mine is around the shaft between the grip and the engine. Good luck.

ksland
09-23-2002, 11:51 PM
I just bought a set. With a little squeeze it works great. Really holds them in good. I use ECHO SRM's. Here is a picture:

Scag48
09-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Paul-I'm clamping it at the grip, didn't even think to try at the shaft. I will go try that and see how tight it fits. Thanks guys!

keifer
09-24-2002, 07:59 AM
Yes mike i have a tt2 with the stihl eager and man it did eat the grip up but then some one stole my trailor so now i dont have to worry about it.

MikeLT1Z28
09-24-2002, 09:53 AM
:eek: that sucks keif! guess that makes those torn grips not seem like such a big deal!

TLS, we posted almost the same thing at the same time.