PDA

View Full Version : Clovers out of control

TaylorLawn
09-23-2002, 09:45 AM
Has anyone used a product for clover control that they would recommend????? Thanks Eric

greenman
09-23-2002, 11:17 PM
Clover is fairly easy to control even with 2-4D. If there is excessive amount of clover it could be a sign a low nitrogen. I have never seen any clover on any yards that were ferted and maintained.

tremor
09-24-2002, 07:03 AM
Eric,

While slower to work, anything with clopyralid will control Clover the best.

Confront is the best, but slow. Up to 10 days or more.

Momentum has a 2,4-d "kicker" to make it work quicker & still controls most of the Clover in one app.

Add a spreader sticker to whatever you use.

Steve

Turfdude
09-24-2002, 08:53 PM
I'm w/ Tremor on this one (esp. a spreader sticker - you really see the product stick to the plant and not roll off). Also, clover is usually an indication of a compacted soil ... so aerate the lawn too.

Bob

greenman
09-24-2002, 09:52 PM
If your going to use Confront you had better get while you still can.:mad:

MOW ED
09-25-2002, 10:15 AM
I've had real good luck with Millennium Ultra and a sticker. This product also goes along with what Tremor was talking about.
The formulation is
37.32% 2-4d
5.09% Clopyralid
4.65% Dicamba

The sticker is really a good idea, if you don't believe it just go out there with a spray bottle of water and give the clover a mist.

I am in the process of seeing the effects of Speedzone which I just applied a week ago. So far it has had a pretty good hit on most weeds, especially plantain, spurge and dandelion but I have not seen its effects on clover although it says it controls it. Its formulation is also different.

There are other products that also are good I'm not bashing them since I haven't used them. But I personally have
experience with Millennium Ultra and I like it. Good Luck.

TaylorLawn
09-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all of the good information.....I really appreciate it...Eric