PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Matt Hermann
03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
How do you change the blades of a walk behind mower? Car jack?

Lefet
03-23-2011, 05:12 PM
If that works, scissor jack, any kind of jack really. Heck, I've just picked mine up, (leaned back). Just when you get it up in the air, have something ready to place under it to support it. Never tinker under a mower resting on only a jack.

Matt Hermann
03-23-2011, 05:16 PM
If that works, scissor jack, any kind of jack really. Heck, I've just picked mine up, (leaned back). Just when you get it up in the air, have something ready to place under it to support it. Never tinker under a mower resting on only a jack.

What do you mean something to put under it? I just used a car jack and it only gets it up so high. No way i'd be able to unbolt the blades and put new ones on haha...sorry for the questions, im real new to this stuff. used to flipping over the 21" but that's not going to work for a walk behind haha

Keepin' It Green
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
jack, ceiling mounted winch, ramps...

Lefet
03-23-2011, 05:21 PM
What do you mean something to put under it? I just used a car jack and it only gets it up so high. No way i'd be able to unbolt the blades and put new ones on haha...sorry for the questions, im real new to this stuff. used to flipping over the 21" but that's not going to work for a walk behind haha

Guess you should start with what you're trying to change?
I have a 48" Bobcat and a 36" Exmark I lift up and a cinder block gets slid under the front to hold. I can get an impact wrench under both to do the blades.

Matt Hermann
03-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Guess you should start with what you're trying to change?
I have a 48" Bobcat and a 36" Exmark I lift up and a cinder block gets slid under the front to hold. I can get an impact wrench under both to do the blades.

I would be trying to change the blades. so you slide the cinderblock like closer to the front wheels or closer to the back wheels?

And you rely on that to hold up that big mower haha?

Lefet
03-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Okay, garage is cramped but I did it for you. Mind you the cinder block is not slid all the way under like normal, just a quickie. And that's the 48".

Matt Hermann
03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Thank you for doing that, it really helps. I'll try that out and hopefully it will work better than the car jack. I appreciate it, thanks!

Lefet
03-23-2011, 06:22 PM
You're welcome. What kind of mower are you trying to lift?

Matt Hermann
03-23-2011, 06:24 PM
You're welcome. What kind of mower are you trying to lift?

It's only a 32" Exmark Metro. Just bought it yesterday. (my first walk behind) so I'm new to all of this stuff ya know

Lefet
03-23-2011, 06:26 PM
So now you have your answer. Lock the wheels (or put it in gear so it doesn't roll) lift in front, lean to back.
Good luck.