PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 48" Metro ECS and 48" Proline Tbar fixed deck?

FrankenScagMachines
09-23-2002, 03:58 PM
I was burning time, looking on mower websites and was curious whats the difference between the 48" eXmark Metro ECS and 48" Toro Proline T-bar fixed deck gear drive? The Proline fixed deck mowers look to have the same deck design as an eXmark, not like the Toro SFS (Super Flow System) decks on Floating deck models. Everyone seems to agree that the SFS deck doesn't rechop clippings due to lack of front baffles, but does the fixed deck Proline deck have front baffles? Is it just like an eXmark fixed deck mower except for the controls? Which control system do you prefer, eXmark ECS or Toro Tbar on gear drive mowers? I think I saw somewhere that the Tbar can be used for variable speed as well? Thanks,
Eric

MacLawnCo
09-23-2002, 04:24 PM
Good eyes. I have a Toro 48" gear as you have descrbed. It is indeed a copy of the exmark, but with T bar controls. I prefer t bars because they are the exact same concept as ZTRs. Once you teach your employees how to run the wb, they know how to run the ZTR. The only other diference is that the metro has 15 kaw twin and the Toro still only offers the 14 kaw or 15 koh both single. By the way, i got my 48 from a better dealer than the exmark dealer for about $400 less than the metro.:D

I would highly recomend this toro model to anyone.

rvsuper
09-23-2002, 09:38 PM
Both my prolines are T-bar fixed deck. I didn't go with the SFS either, because I heard on here that it doesn't rechop the clippings as you said, bushhog. I have tried the ECS on the metro before, but I still prefer the T-bar.