PDA

View Full Version : Funny phone call encounter with client today...

FLAhaulboy
03-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Had this ole guy call me & ask how much I'd charge him to transport a grill he bought in town and wanted transported to another community about 30 miles away one way, 60 mi total. He sounded Swedish or Netherland speaking accent. I quoted him $125 & this is what he said before he hung up on me:

What...you think I have sh*t for brains? You think I am an idiot? Blah blah blah!

He didn't like the price I quoted & I tried to explain the WHY but he hung up on me as I was talking!

Duh :hammerhead:

zturncutter
03-24-2011, 08:57 AM
What...you think I have sh*t for brains? You think I am an idiot? Blah blah blah!

To bad you didn't have time to give a quick YES answer. :laugh:

Landscape Poet
03-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Got to love people that think you should work for free. I have a little lady on my route today that I have made the mistake of doing little extras here and there for free, out of the kindness of my heart. She is getting where she has just a little extra about every week now - it is clear that she sees me as a lawn turd that she can take advantage of.
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
04-03-2011, 01:20 AM
i wouldnt even move anything for my best customers. waste of time and money in my opinion. Leave that for the weekend warriors out there with the SUV's and little trailers. Theres plenty of them in this state.

FLAhaulboy
04-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I mainly just haul stuff away but I do do a few transportation jobs occasionally, go pickup a large item at a local store & take it to their home etc. I charge more for this kind of work because I have to be very careful-wrap the items in blankets, tie it down so as not to damage it, drive slower etc.

Had a guy call me the other day wanting me to move two couches & mattresses to another location-two blocks down the street, I quote him a price and he says he'll think about it. Tonight I see he has a CL ad wanting somebody to move it for $10 bucks! Not me buddy, I'll spend ten bucks just driving to his house :nono:

South Florida Lawns
04-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Had a guy call me the other day wanting me to move two couches & mattresses to another location-two blocks down the street, I quote him a price and he says he'll think about it. Tonight I see he has a CL ad wanting somebody to move it for $10 bucks! Not me buddy, I'll spend ten bucks just driving to his house :nono:

Haha 10 bucks, my f**king little sister makes more an hr babysitting than that, god damn.