PDA

View Full Version : Kill it or Leave it?

ron mexico75
03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Might have a job where the entire front yard is moss. Perimiter of yard has ivy, vinca, liriope. I was going to do shade shrubs and some other ground cover because grass is not wanted. After the shrubs and groundcover is planted I was going to mulch the entire area.

Since mulch would cover up the moss, would you even worry about trying to kill it?

Smallaxe
03-24-2011, 06:00 PM
I think it would be cool to have moss as an important part of the design... Check out the moss designs that are in vogue now... I've seen some on TV and they are definately worth consideration... :)

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
03-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Kill it off
Posted via Mobile Device

Stillwater
03-24-2011, 07:57 PM
you should give some concideration to what smallaxe said in post #2 but to answer your question you can cover it with no issues, but grassy or woody areas of growth should be removed.

Dr.NewEarth
03-24-2011, 11:20 PM
The moss is growing for a reason. It will keep coming back until you change any
site problems that are causing it.

Pitch a Japanese Moss garden Feng Shui and all

I am actually not comfortable giving a proper site assessment without actually being there and experiencing it.

Smallaxe
03-25-2011, 07:16 AM
The moss is growing for a reason. It will keep coming back until you change any
site problems that are causing it.

Pitch a Japanese Moss garden Feng Shui and all

I am actually not comfortable giving a proper site assessment without actually being there and experiencing it.

It is up to the client to make the final decision, but they like the idea of alternatives, and mulch is always messy in a shady area, because of all the leaves and twigs around...

Be careful with the Feng Shui routine... In our neighborhood it would sign you off as a nutcracker and you don't get more jobs... :)

ron mexico75
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Well I appreciate all the replies fellas. The individual has advised me they are sick of looking at moss through their windows. I agree that the mulch couild become messy since it's in a wooded area. However, I guess that would be a wat to add on a mulching client 1-2 times a year.