PDA

View Full Version : Smal Landscaping help

no_Wedge
03-24-2011, 01:47 PM
I have this small area next to the house (cement slab) which I am wanting to landscape with something that will add some appeal. I live in lubbock, tx so zone 7 and it stays pretty dry here, so things that can tolerate heat and some drought. I want to fill the whole area pretty much, but leave room for the faucet. It is ~12ft at back and ~6ft at front Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j467/no_Wedge/DSC00115.jpg

RigglePLC
03-24-2011, 02:37 PM
If this is a south exposure in Lubbock--if it ever gets over a hundred where you live...LOL! You need something suitable to the climate. Astroturf comes to mind. I see Bermuda in the foreground. Ask your Texas experts.

no_Wedge
03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
yes it is south exposure, sometimes in late july it gets over 100 yes that is common bermuda in the yard, but I am wanting something to stand out in this bed.

tlc1994
03-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Landscape fabric beneath, landscape rock, and cacti. Easy. Simple. Just my .02 :cool2:

KrayzKajun
03-25-2011, 01:17 AM
a cactus and two hombres taking a siesta . i couldnt resist.

Falcon50EX
03-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I have this small area next to the house (cement slab) which I am wanting to landscape with something that will add some appeal. I live in lubbock, tx so zone 7 and it stays pretty dry here, so things that can tolerate heat and some drought. I want to fill the whole area pretty much, but leave room for the faucet. It is ~12ft at back and ~6ft at front Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j467/no_Wedge/DSC00115.jpg

Unless I missed something you can do any almost any southern plant. It all depends on how much work you would like to do. You have water run a drip on a timer remove all that dead soil and replace with some good stuff. Place a Y on the hose and place another spicket at the edge or side.
Good luck you could do this in one day with out a problem.