PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in MA have a Redmax 8001 and hedge trimmers stolen?

nepatsfan
03-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Someone from Waltham was selling a Redmax 8001 on craigslist this morning. Put the post up for an hour and took it down. No phone number, texts only. Offered redmax hedge trimmers too. I asked what model # and he didn't know. I asked if they were single or double sided and he wasn't sure but he thought they were double. I contacted local police to see if anyone reported anything stolen and no one did. I started thinking to myself that I probably wouldn't even bother reporting some small stuff like that being stolen but if this happened to anyone....let me know.

nepatsfan
03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
He was selling the items far below market value

nepatsfan
03-24-2011, 07:53 PM
bump^^^^^^

Tyler7692
03-24-2011, 09:09 PM
How can you text without having the phone number?

nepatsfan
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
I emailed him with my phone number. He texted me so I texted back. It went on for a while so I got annoyed and called. He didn't answer right in the middle of texting. I knew he had the phone right there because he was texting. My original point was....and I didnt think of this until after....He didnt leave anything in the ad...put it up for an hour or so and took it down while I was still talking to him about purchasing it. Why would you take an ad down when it hasn't sold. You might say....he got overwhelming response....ok I buy that...then why are you offering the blower to me for 200 bucks right off the bat when I didn't even say anything about price? He had an 8001 advertised for $250 must sell today and I never even made an offer and he said I'll take $200 for it. He said it was like brand new...no tape on the tubes stickers all there in perfect shape and the thing runs perfect. It is a long story but I would bet just about anything that these were stolen....that's why I didn't buy them. Then he offers me hedge trimmers and says he wants to sell them as a package. He says they are redmax and doesn't know a thing about them. 275 for both. Says the hedge trimmers are just like new. Either he is lying about the condition or they are stolen and given the way he was with the texting/didn't email me back/ no name on the voicemail/ ad up for less than an hour. Just doesnt add up

nepatsfan
03-25-2011, 07:06 AM
morning bump

nepatsfan
03-25-2011, 07:40 PM
bump.........

nepatsfan
03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I could be wrong....but I really think these were stolen. Anybody know anyone that had stuff stolen in MA?