PDA

View Full Version : Mounting leaf vac on plow frame?

PR0 TURF
09-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Has anyone mounted there leaf vac onto they're plow frame? I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to mount it...we're planning on just building some sort of platform for the vac to sit on. If anyone has any pics of there setups with the vacs on the plow frame please post them...or any advice would be apprecitated.

gene gls
09-23-2002, 08:44 PM
A friend of mine has a 16 HP mounted on his 1 ton plow frame and he has problems with cracking. Also, don't go into CT. if you are on the state border. He tells me CT is strick about drivers vission interferance. I was planning the same thing with my new truck but have changed my mind after listening to his problems.

Gene

Boycea
09-23-2002, 09:14 PM
To gene gls,

what does your friend have problems with cracking? i had a platform for my 16hp vac made up for a plow frame, but havn't attached it yet. Just was wondering what i was getting into, and what i should look out for with cracking

thank you

Tvov
09-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by gene gls
Also, don't go into CT. if you are on the state border. He tells me CT is strick about drivers vission interferance.

Gene

Your friend must be referring to the State highways. Myself and the other lawn services in my area have never had a problem with front mounted leaf vacuums, but we stay off the highways.

gene gls
09-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Boycea,

His frame is too light for the application eventhu its a standard plow frame. To me,it also looks like it sticks out too far from the front of the truck.

Gene

CT18fireman
09-24-2002, 12:07 AM
I have mounted over 20 vacs including mine onto plowframes with the tube going up and over the cab. Never heard anything about a problem with visibility. I even mounted one onto a truck owned by a state trooper. We drive on all roads and have never had a problem.

As for the mount. A leaf vac is well supported and very well sutied for plowframe mounting. Allows easy drive up access to a leaf pile.

mdb landscaping
09-24-2002, 07:30 AM
ive never heard of anyone being hassled by the police for haveing the vac mounted on the front of the truck like that. I can see where they may have a problem with visibility, but they dont bother anybody from what i have seen.