PDA

View Full Version : Back and hand held blowers

blairbuc
09-23-2002, 11:34 PM
In the Market for a back pack and hand held blower. In order of importance: 1) power, 2) reliability and last 3) noise supression. Anything thoughts?

Floridalandcare
09-24-2002, 12:16 AM
Come on now there have been many posts on blowers ,please dont waste our time . Research some previous posts and make your own decision.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blairbuc
09-24-2002, 12:32 AM
Yea, like nobody here has ever gone over some ground someone else thread on before. I quess your too creative for the rest of us.

captdevo
09-24-2002, 12:40 AM
here's a recent thread!!

click here to see!!! (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=34281)

dave

Currier
09-24-2002, 12:46 AM
"please dont waste our time."

What else you got pressing on your time, you are sitting in front of your computer...?

Personally I would stay away from jd. I have a jd bp40 and it is a real pain to get started. Several of the clamps holding the hose unit have come loose, and it leaks gas all over the place. Every time I go to start this machine I think ...gee only $400.00 what can you expect. Once started it does do a good job.

Mykster
09-24-2002, 02:03 AM
I've only used the Stihl BR400 and I got no complaints with it. Haven't used any other brand but whatever you choose I'm sure it will get the job done.

awm
09-24-2002, 06:32 AM
dont use back packs as just dont operate ina way that requires a lot of blowing.
for the handheld,the best ive seen is the
25 cc by craftsman[really a poulan].
it does put out better than the high end handhelds ive seen. just use a good mix and 90 or above gas. that 25 cc motor of poulans has gained my respect for its power to wt . also it will just keep on keeping on. like anything the biggest thing is to learn the machine,and keep it adjusted an clean.ive really been curious as to why the higher end, hand helds arnt more powerful,unless they think it might cut into backpack sales.

John Gamba
09-24-2002, 06:56 AM
For Hand Helled Go Tanaka For Back Pack Go Echo 650.
John:rolleyes:

keifer
09-24-2002, 07:43 AM
I use the br400 and love it but whatever you get i would get one with the gas trig on the tube.

scott's turf
09-24-2002, 08:08 AM
I have both the br400 and shindy 630? I believe. And I must say that the shindy blows the stihl away no question about it. When I got the shindy I was a little upset that the throttle wasn't on the tube but after using it I found that it doesn't really bother me at all. The shindy runs so much smoother, starts easier, and is very light. Hand helds are good for blowing grass off driveways and maybe some tight areas but if I had to get one blower I would get a bp one. There is no comparison between the two when blowing leaves.

mdb landscaping
09-24-2002, 08:27 AM
i have a stihl br400 and have always liked it. I have used a the new br420 too and thats a soldi blower as well. you couldnt go wrong with a stihl. they take a ton of abuse. I see youre from CT, whereabouts?

rkbrown
09-24-2002, 09:23 AM
I use the Echo PB 602. It has plenty of power for my needs. Although, if I had a lot of leaf work, I would probably go with the "big horse" redmax or shindy.

bubble boy
09-24-2002, 09:31 AM
check out blowers from redmax, echo and stihl to start. everyone has there preference.

and go back pack. you're in CT, don't get the handheld. it'll be the most expensive paperweigt you have.

stslawncare
09-24-2002, 07:21 PM
echo is my choice, everyone has there own preference, they all have there own pros and cons. did you atleast do a search? as it states when u register, again when u post, and just about everywhere else, USE THE SEARCH ENGINE

KenH
09-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Why are people so anti post???? This is how newbies learn. If I was new and saw this thread, I would learn something, even though I wasnt specifically shopping for a leaf blower. Also, different people on the board at different times would bring new ideas/insights. Imagine how boring this place would be with only "new" posts. Dont be so nieve...repeat posts are what makes boards like this tick.

This is a discussion forum.....if you dont like it, then dont look at it.

blairbuc
09-24-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by mdb landscaping
i have a stihl br400 and have always liked it. I have used a the new br420 too and thats a soldi blower as well. you couldnt go wrong with a stihl. they take a ton of abuse. I see youre from CT, whereabouts?

thanks for the help, I'm in New Canaan.

kppurn
09-24-2002, 11:26 PM
I use the stihl br400 also
I like the extra power that the back pack has compared to a hand held. As posted above, there are a number of manufacturer's that make quality blowers.