PDA

View Full Version : What is this attachment called?

aschrades
03-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Hello - What is the attachment in the picture below called? This would come in handy for some outcropping work I'm doing. Any idea where I could purchase one or something similar would be great. (sorry, the picture is large and I'm not sure how to resize)

Thanks!

-Adam

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7Cq6qye8GVc/TN1X0u1SP7I/AAAAAAAAASA/DOiQorJFd5k/s1600/Rosetta%2BHardscapes%2Bfrom%2BKirchner%2B17e.jpg

dozerman21
03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
It's some type of slab lift. This company sells some heavier looking versions.

http://www.kenco.com/index.html

bobcat_ron
03-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Forks for cranes in a nutshell.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shadetree Ltd
03-26-2011, 10:03 PM
no idea what that one is but we bought a "rock jaw", works well

White Gardens
03-26-2011, 10:41 PM
The picture shows the tool that comes with that specific out-cropping stone. Basically there is no forks, just a hook's to a loop in the stone.

My supplier has that attachment for a small rental fee if you buy that stone and need it for an install.

Off the top of my head I think the company is Paveloc, maybe Halquist but I'm not for sure. That tool is specifically designed for that cultured outcropping.

kgserv
04-04-2011, 08:43 AM
in the top pic. is that a manufactured stone? it looks like it has alignment pegs on the bottom. any one know?

White Gardens
04-04-2011, 10:19 AM
in the top pic. is that a manufactured stone? it looks like it has alignment pegs on the bottom. any one know?

Yes, it is cultured or manufactured stone. My supplier carries it, but can't remember the name.

Those are pegs on the bottom and there is a re-bar type loop in the center. There are caps for the stone also, so you have a smooth top when done.

Pretty neat stuff. I hope I have the chance to use it someday. It doesn't look too far off from natural too, and wayyyyyy easier to install.

kgserv
04-04-2011, 11:04 PM
can you check on the dealer supplier w.g? id like to see if its availabe in my area it looks sharp

White Gardens
04-04-2011, 11:19 PM
can you check on the dealer supplier w.g? id like to see if its availabe in my area it looks sharp

Ya, I need to call them tomorrow, I'll find out for you then.