View Full Version : They lost my soil test!!!!

Premo Services
09-24-2002, 11:03 AM
I bid an aeration,seeding, and the customer wanted a soil test. I took a sample to lesco and the company that does testing lost it.:(
I bid this job and took the soil sample to them in late August.
The customer is anxious about getting the seed down and growing before the frost comes. And I want to finish the job so I get paid. I talked to lesco, and they said that I could seed now, and when the test comes in, do the things to make soil right.
Is this what you would do?
Or how should it be done?

09-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Its not the best way, but under the circumstances you probably should go ahead. From what I understand about your area, you should already be seeding.

09-25-2002, 12:01 AM
Thats really the only choice you have now~

09-25-2002, 12:09 AM
I seed all the time while the soil test are out, no big deal. MOst all adjustments needed must be made a few weeks after seeding anyway.

Darryl G
09-25-2002, 01:21 AM
Did you send them another sample? I wouldn't count on them finding the one they lost. I would suggest getting another sample and asking them to rush it (at no exta fee). Let them know they are messing you up. I used to work in a lab and samples get lost pretty often.

09-25-2002, 01:45 AM
Al they send it to the Mo dept of AG extension office also.

I would go a head and seed it, then apply lime some time about 2-3 weeks later, but by them your second sample should be back by then.

If you have any questions give me a ring.

Premo Services
09-25-2002, 08:12 AM
THANKS for the responses.
I did let them know they were messing me up, and another test is being done now.
I talked to the customer, and they were glad that I could seed now, so the new lawn could get some growth before it gets cold, and do adjustments later.
I still have a chance to make their lawn look nice and mabey get a good full service customer from this.:D