PDA

View Full Version : They lost my soil test!!!!

Premo Services
09-24-2002, 10:03 AM
I bid an aeration,seeding, and the customer wanted a soil test. I took a sample to lesco and the company that does testing lost it.:(
I bid this job and took the soil sample to them in late August.
The customer is anxious about getting the seed down and growing before the frost comes. And I want to finish the job so I get paid. I talked to lesco, and they said that I could seed now, and when the test comes in, do the things to make soil right.
Is this what you would do?
Or how should it be done?
Thanks
Al

65hoss
09-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Its not the best way, but under the circumstances you probably should go ahead. From what I understand about your area, you should already be seeding.

thfireman
09-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Thats really the only choice you have now~

:(

KirbysLawn
09-24-2002, 11:09 PM
I seed all the time while the soil test are out, no big deal. MOst all adjustments needed must be made a few weeks after seeding anyway.

Darryl G
09-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Did you send them another sample? I wouldn't count on them finding the one they lost. I would suggest getting another sample and asking them to rush it (at no exta fee). Let them know they are messing you up. I used to work in a lab and samples get lost pretty often.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-25-2002, 12:45 AM
Al they send it to the Mo dept of AG extension office also.

I would go a head and seed it, then apply lime some time about 2-3 weeks later, but by them your second sample should be back by then.

If you have any questions give me a ring.

Premo Services
09-25-2002, 07:12 AM
THANKS for the responses.
I did let them know they were messing me up, and another test is being done now.
I talked to the customer, and they were glad that I could seed now, so the new lawn could get some growth before it gets cold, and do adjustments later.
I still have a chance to make their lawn look nice and mabey get a good full service customer from this.:D