PDA

View Full Version : Need rough price

williams lcm
03-27-2011, 04:56 PM
I have a chance to bid on 4 doctors offices. 20 miles apart from each other. 1/4 acre of mowing per place and shrubs all over the place. Lot size roughly 200ft x200ft. Needs mowing, weedcontrol for flowerbeds and alot of shrub trimmings ect. Alot of shrubs around building and parking lot ect. Basic doctors office. 200ft x 200 ft on average. I know it will be tough without seeing it to give a price. But on average what would you charge? I figure $1200 per month all together. Does this seem to high.

Florida Gardener
03-27-2011, 05:38 PM
What kind of shrubs??? Are there oak or other deciduous trees on the property???Bahia or St Augustine???
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
03-27-2011, 06:09 PM
alot of the sweet vibrurnum. All around the office and throughout the parking lot. A few crape myrtles and some sago palms, and alot of indian hawthorne shrubs. But the sweet vibrurnum grows fast. Mostly St. aug with some areas bahia near the road. I just need a rough idea. I cant get pictures. What do you guys charge for a full maint on a doctors offices. I know prices will vary but I dont think i should charge under $200 per month per place. These will be four doctors offices with drive time. The work will probably need to be done on a sat when they are closed. The lawns are not much but shrubs all over. Does $1200 seem to high in this market we have.

Florida Gardener
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Ok, Hawthorne don't need much pruning at all unless they need to be kept hedgelike vs moundlike. Crapes really don't need to be pruned unless they are too close to a structure. Viburnum 1-2 trims in the summer to keep looking good but minimal in the winter. Sago's are very minimal pruning as well. I think $1200 total is a tad too much given the variables even with drive time. I would say $250 per office sounds about right but no pictures is still hard to tell.
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I guess I can do the $250. I am a one man show so the extra bit of money wont hurt. Mostly touching up the shrubs every week and cutting grass and blowing the parking lot down. Like you said once a year for the crapes and sago a few times. But the Sweet Vibrurnum will needs bi-weekly touchs ups.

Florida Gardener
03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
In the summer yes but I went 5-6 weeks in the winter months and I am in s Florida you are in Orlando. If you think $250 is too low stick with your original price. I am giving you a guess based off of no pics....
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
03-27-2011, 07:03 PM
It really comes down to... how long do you guess it will take you to do them? Hour each in the summer? Two hours? Hour every other week in the winter?