PDA

View Full Version : How does my postcard look?

HitchC&L
03-27-2011, 05:36 PM
I had Adeas draw me up a doorhanger that is in the thread "Critique my doorhanger" They used one of their generic templates and added my text to it.

I had them modify the template to work with a postcard as well. I will be sending out 1261 of these in my area, and I am hoping to have a decent response to it.

Tell me what you think, I have one more editing of it before it goes to print.

You may need to scroll down to the next post to be able to open the file, I have trouble uploading pdf

HitchC&L
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM

This attachment should work

SnoMower
03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
If I were you, I would try to focus on only one or two services. Listing plowing at this time is a waste, no one is going to keep it or remember by next winter. It shows a nice mowing example but that is not listed on the service list.

meets1
03-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Looks great to me. Your services are fine listed how they are. People will get the idea with an option of services.

bohiaa
03-28-2011, 03:18 AM
Looks GREAT, I have never seen carpentry work with landscaping before.

HitchC&L
03-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Yea, theres not a lot of companies that offer both carpentry and mowing.

My father builds high end cabinets, he started his company 22 years ago, and Ive worked with him full time for two of those years, I worked for a custom homebuilder before that, and I have a bachelors degree in engineering and construction management, so basically all of my background is in the building industry, thats why carpentry is listed first.

I decided to offer landscaping and mowing as well, because I enjoy doing it, and its an easier market to break into and get a reputation built up, while still being able to pay the bills.

walker-talker
03-28-2011, 07:46 PM
I would only list services that you want, as said before. If you are looking to gain mowing accounts, put that in there. I think the card looks pretty generiac. No real call to action other than free estimates. Put a coupon on there or offer a special. Make them want to pick up the phone and give you a call.

JFGauvreau
03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Looks good man

kyfireman2004
03-29-2011, 07:18 PM
No Call to action........Why would they wanna call you over the next postcard? Honestly the postcard doesn't look homemade but I have seen better. I used adeas and made the person about half crazy changing things. I still wasn't happy with their design dept. If I ever use them again I will have someone else design the doorhangers.

Are you a bbb membe,r award winner of anything? Years in business?

h2oskier
03-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Yea, theres not a lot of companies that offer both carpentry and mowing.

My father builds high end cabinets, he started his company 22 years ago, and Ive worked with him full time for two of those years, I worked for a custom homebuilder before that, and I have a bachelors degree in engineering and construction management, so basically all of my background is in the building industry, thats why carpentry is listed first.

I decided to offer landscaping and mowing as well, because I enjoy doing it, and its an easier market to break into and get a reputation built up, while still being able to pay the bills.

Hey thats ingenius, you cut down the trees and your dad builds the customer a deck or house. LOL just kidding but with the winters we have been having, another trade to add to the mix keeps the cash flowing. Good Luck to you.