PDA

View Full Version : Can I rent a grapple for a excavator?

mrusk
03-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Its sunday and I can't call any of the rental places. I am knocking down a house in 2 weeks and don't have a thumb on my excavator. I was going to throw on a mechanical thumb, but I don't want to rush something and screw up on it.

Can I just rent a grapple? My machine is plumbed for a hammer so I can run a grapple right?

ForestCreekLandscaping
03-27-2011, 07:25 PM
I dont know any places that will rent just a thumb. go on machinery trader and buy a full grapple for cheap, use it and sell it or just keep it. there not that expensive.

ForestCreekLandscaping
03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
or just use your bucket. yes a thumb is more convienent but it can be done with just a bucket.

Scag48
03-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Cat Rental? United Rents? RSC?

Bleed Green
03-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Its sunday and I can't call any of the rental places. I am knocking down a house in 2 weeks and don't have a thumb on my excavator. I was going to throw on a mechanical thumb, but I don't want to rush something and screw up on it.

Can I just rent a grapple? My machine is plumbed for a hammer so I can run a grapple right?

Y do u have to have the thumb right now if you're not knocking the house down for two weeks?

blowerman
03-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Just buy a mechanical thumb, they are not that expensive. I had our mini set up with a hydro thumb, best money spent. They are welded to the stick, so I don't know how you could rent one. If money is tight, just use the bucket.