PDA

View Full Version : Best back pack blower?

jsaunders
09-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Everyone talks about the Echo's, redmax,........ has there been an independent test that shows which one is the best? Would be great to see an article in TURF mag to set the record straight for this year - then do one every year for the newest models. I know once you buy a brand of blower you useally stay with the brand- what do you like?
Thanks

lawnkid
09-24-2002, 09:06 PM
They're all good. Check out the Redmax 7001 though. It looks like it might have outdone the Echo Pb-650. I myself own an Echo PB-603 and so far this blower has proven to be good so far. Here are the top 3 strongest blowers: Echo PB-650, Redmax 7001, Shindaiwa 630. These blowers can blow! :D

mdb landscaping
09-24-2002, 09:13 PM
i think it all depends on what you look for in a blower. I have used basically all sthil products and love my br400. i like the right hand throttle as well. the sthils can take a ton of abuse and will last forever. i feel they put out a good amount of cfms to get the job done. Now this is just my opinion. my dealer carries stihl and that may be one reason why ive stuck with it, but i hear a lot of good talk about the new echo and redmax. since i havent tried those two, maybe somebody can say how they compare to the sthils.

greenman
09-24-2002, 09:15 PM
These blowers can blow! :D

You don't say?!:laugh: :rolleyes:

mcambrose
09-24-2002, 09:37 PM
I have a BR400, Shindaiwa and a Redmax 7001. The BR400 has a good bit less cfms. I like the Shindiawa best until I just bought the Redmax 7001. I can't tell much diff btwn the redmax and Shindaiwa except for the right hand throttle which I love. I also like the air filter system in the Redmax better. The redmax also comes with a parts breakdown. Never seen that before in a two cycle. RPM sales is a great place to by internet.

jsaunders
09-25-2002, 08:34 PM
I still think it would be cool for Turf or someone to do a side by side test. I do like the air filter on the redmax but there aren't any dealers around. Choices are Husky :rolleyes: sthil or echo

CMerLand
09-25-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey J,

Your likely never to see any sort of comparison tests by any of the magazines on lawn equipment like this. The simple reason is that all those magazines which you likely get for free, are paid for by the advertisers of that magazine. Many magazines and some forums for that matter wont even mention the specific equipment or software that the companies they feature use because of this "conflict" with the advertisers.

The other thing about a question like this is that people like to validate their own purchases and true comparisons while shopping are rare, and real experience regarding the durability of the machine only comes from time.

Ive stated my opinion on several threads that your best option comes down to using whatever your dealer sells and developing a good relationship with that dealer or several dealers. If you save yourself 10 bucks buying a machine from someplace else but then find that dealer cant service that equipment quickly if something goes wrong you'll be out alot more then the $ 10 bucks you saved. A dealer that will take care of you quickly when the equipment he sells you goes down is well worth the cost of developing that relationship.

For the record, Ive always used Redmax and have had very few problems with them and they last for years.

jsaunders
09-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Thanks CMerLand
I figured that to be 'correct' mags wouldn't want to say which is the "BEST". But COME on this is America! Anyone picked up a car mag. lately? ALWAYS compairing which is the best...car, truck, bike - fastest, most power, best VALUE ..... People will always be biased towards what they have used and like, but it would be nice to see a comparision against the top of the line models. Look at the numbers- redmax and echo are going at it trying to top each other. Also look at the other threads on LS right now - Everyone is asking which one is the best
Thanks Joel

JimB
09-25-2002, 11:06 PM
:blob3: REDMAX is the absolute best backpack blower out there, I don't wanna hear about echo garbage or stihl's start when it feels like it wonder blower and yes shindaiwa makes a nice machine but it falls a little short of the REDMAX.
Ok, thats it and any real pro will tell you the same thing, case closed !!!

...Jim

ilovethisgame
09-25-2002, 11:46 PM
I still love my Echo pb400e. Just a nice age old design. Gotta love that eye searing orange paint, metal fan housing, and 1000 dba that sob puts out. Loud and strong the way a blower should be. :D

-Dave

Grasshog
09-26-2002, 12:59 AM
All I"ve heard so far is HOG WASH. ROBIN builds the longest, hardest working blowers and trimmers on the market. Easy on the fuel, easy on your back. Just a great all around feel.