PDA

View Full Version : Out of state clients..

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-28-2011, 12:42 PM
More and more of my clients live out of town and or state. I have never had a problem with payment yet but it does worry me. At times I ask for a installment payment before work begins. I do notice some will wait till the very last minute to pay. I heard it all. I'm waiting on a check to clear, the merchant account doesnt work, etc.

I do have it so I can take payments online. I even used paypal as a back up before. I was just wondering how you handles these types of customers.

XLS
03-28-2011, 02:44 PM
we have customers all over the states and we ask them to pay on all services up front for the month . If it is a single job we will prep an estimate and ask for 1/2 up front and paid in full upon completion . most will simply write a few checks and we will deposit them on the date on the check

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-28-2011, 02:58 PM
xls, That's pretty much the same way I been doing it.

Have you ever had any problems collecting?

XLS
03-28-2011, 05:29 PM
not at all . as long as we explain the payment plan and we understand the homeowners request there is little to misunderstand and in turn leaves no reason to not get paid . lol Its up fron for the month if we dont get the payment they dont get the service ............its real easy

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
03-28-2011, 05:33 PM
We just ask for pre payment untill we have built a relationship. Then they get net 15 terms like everyone else.

bohiaa
03-31-2011, 07:17 AM
same here, no issues....

Remember if there are any problems the case will be filed where the work was preformed. so if any out of state custoemrs refuse to pay. you file on them and they will have to come to that State to answer...

Best of luck

GreenEarth808
04-10-2011, 02:57 PM
About 20% of our client base is out of state. The only issue I've had is with the commercial nationals..uggggghhh. Level One maintenance is the worst to deal with