PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Stains From PRe-M

mcambrose
09-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Any one have any good ideas about getting out the yellow stains from Pre-M coated fertilizer. The fertilizer was especially dusty this time and it made my clothes yellow. It also made the bathtub yellow when I took a bath. Luckily most of it washed out.

KirbysLawn
09-24-2002, 10:49 PM
First...wear pants when applying any herbicide. Hope you are not planning on seeding anytime soon.

The best way to get rid of the stains is to blow all the fertilizer off the pavement when you are sone, that way it will not stain, other is a good rain...or start using Dimension.

TurfGuyTX
09-25-2002, 10:04 AM
If you use Oxy-Clean in your laundry and let it soak a little, you'd probably take care of it. I love the stuff and I'm always finding new stains to test it on. Good luck.

mcambrose
09-25-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn
First...wear pants when applying any herbicide. Hope you are not planning on seeding anytime soon.

The best way to get rid of the stains is to blow all the fertilizer off the pavement when you are sone, that way it will not stain, other is a good rain...or start using Dimension.

I was just putting out dry fertilizer with PreM and thought no problem. I agree, I need to wear long pants and shirt when doing this next time. I took a good bath when I got in, but my wife called this morning and said parts of the pillowcase and sheets were yellow (even after a good bath). That must have gotten into the oil of my skin. I may quit using PreM. The cost break vs Dimension is not worth the potential for things to get ruined. One time I left clothes on the laundry room floor after spreading fertilizer and it turned the floor yellow.

tremor
09-25-2002, 07:00 PM
It sounds like you got hold of some old or poorly made material. As it ages, Pendimethalin "falls off" the carrier.
Perhaps the biggest concern though is wearing the proper gear whnever applying any pesticide. Pre-M has the ability to show you evry place you've contacted it. Dimension may not stain, and it even works better, but until we cover up, we're still getting covered.

At any rate, back when I used to spray Pre-M, we used the Gempler's hand cleaner you'll find in the following link. It worked great on Pre-M 15 years ago. I cannot vouch for it's performance today. They could have changed the formulation since then. But I used some a customer of mine had in his truck earlier this year that seemed like the same stuff.

If pendimethalin stains must be cleaned off other surfaces, I find that the "Tuff-Enuff" cleaner that we sell is amazing. It even does a great job on tires & rims. Much better than those auto parts stores cleaners like Wesley's Bleach White. Most better marinas sell it too, since it works on strange stains that appear on boat hulls.

Try this link for your hands though.

http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?UID=2002092517425789&GEN2=&GEN3=&GEN9=0&T1=98T6

Steve

MATTHEW
09-28-2002, 08:44 PM
As far as I know, the only thing that will clean the stain is sunlight.

I used it this year for a change, and I won't be buying it in 2003.

Dimension is preferred, but TEAM is a "middle of the road" choice.
I have had better results with TEAM and there is virtually no dust.

greenngrow
09-28-2002, 09:38 PM
Gempler's make a solution that will take the yellow out of you laundry.

Just go to their web site it is there.

Good luck.

Got the crab on the bathroom floor and it is still there...

bob
09-28-2002, 10:28 PM
Dimension!!